Summertime is a great time to enjoy simple, yet delicious foods. It is also a fun time to get the kids involved in kitchen. Macho Nachos are an excellent recipe to have your kids help you make.
Kids of all ages will love putting all of the ingredients on their nachos! Get all of your ingredients out and ready to go, have cookie sheets ready and let the kids go to town making their own Macho Nachos. When kids get involved in the kitchen they seem to give parents less grief about eating and I’m sure that is something all parents can appreciate.
Macho Nachos are an excellent recipe to have your kids help you make.
Author: Kelli Miller
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 1 cup chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- Round tortilla chips (approximately 50)
- ⅓ cup whole kernel corn, drained
- ⅓ cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- ⅓ cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheese (try a Mexican blend)
- ⅓ cup chunky salsa
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- ⅓ cup jalapeno pepper (optional for those who like spicy foods)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread chips on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle with remaining ingredients.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes - until meat is warm and cheese has melted.
- Serve immediately with sour cream and more salsa.
Having the kids help you in the kitchen this summer can be a regular activity. Check out this post on 21 Fun Things For The Kids to Eat This Summer. You will find lots tasty recipes ideas that the kids will enjoy.