This was our first time trying this recipe from Calling All Cooks. Of course, I changed several things (because that is what I do) and everyone really loved it! I wasn’t crazy about it… there are other things I make that I would rather have, but my husband and 2 older boys raved about it. I liked it and will make it again, but it is not one of my favorites.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 seasoning blend muffin
- 1 envelope of taco seasoning
- 1 can of Rotel
- 1¼ cup of 2% milk
- ¾ cup of Bisquick baking mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup mexi mix cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Grease deep dish, 10 inch pie plate.
- Brown & drain meat (if you didn't already have some browned), then add seasoning blend and taco seasoning.
- Mix in Rotel
- Spread into pie plate.
- Beat milk, eggs, and bisquick until smooth. The, pour over meat.
- Bake about 25 minutes.
- Top with cheese and bake until a knife inserted into the center comes out cleans. Approximately 10 minutes.
- Allow to stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with tomatoes, lettuce, more cheese, onions, and sour cream.
Want a healthier version? Minnie flipped it into Impossibly Skinny Taco Pie and they loved it!
Where to Buy:
I swear by Old El Paso Taco for all my taco seasonings! I have a canister and always keep several packets on hand.