Growing up, my Mom cooked the same way I do now. She would look in her Pantry until she found some things that she thought would go well together and feed us growing kids. Then, we (like my kids) would pester her:
What are we having, but what is it called, what is it’s NAME!!!
until she finally made something up. LOL! Supposedly, this stuff is called Girl Scout Stew because it can be cooked over a fire, but I don’t ever remember eating this over a fire during Girl Scout camping! So, you know my theory!
NOTE: This recipe calls for 2 muffins of Frozen Seasoning Blend!
- 2 cans beef broth
- 1 small can of Tomato Paste
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can diced Tomatoes
- 2 muffins of Frozen Seasoning Blend
- 2 pounds beef
- 2 cups rice
- ¼ stick butter
- Brown hamburger, drain, and add beef broth and tomato sauce.
- Season to taste – I typically add seasoning blend, a couple beef cubes, garlic, onion, salt, and pepper
- Prepare rice according to directions, adding ¼ stick of butter to water as well as salt
- Mix sauce with rice and serve.