Protein is all the rage right now and with good reason! Protein helps to fuel your body and give you the extra boost you need to shed the excess weight. These no-bake Double Peanut Breakfast Bars are just sweet enough to attack your sweet tooth and with enough protein to be considered energy bars! Plus, since you are making them, you know exactly what are in them unless some of the store-bought, pre-packaged kind!
I like to mix things up and add in some chocolate chips occasionally – gives me my chocolate fix without adding a ton of calories!
- 1½ cups whole grain flake cereal
- 1 cup whole grain Cheerios
- ½ cup chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- ½ cup dried fruit such as cranberries, raisins, chopped apricots or figs
- ⅓ cup honey
- ⅓ cup packed golden brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- Prepare an eight-inch square baking pan by lightly greasing it. Set this aside until you are ready to use it.
- Pour the different cereals into a medium bowl. Then add the peanuts and dried fruit. Stir the dry ingredients together to combine them thoroughly. In a medium saucepan, put the honey, brown sugar and peanut butter. Bring these ingredients to a boil over medium heat being sure to stir constantly.
- Pour the melted peanut butter mixture over the cereal and stir it until it is well coated. Press the mixture into the prepared baking dish and press it with the back of an oiled spoon to ensure it is even. Set the pan aside and allow it to cool. Cut the mixture into nine even pieces.
This recipe calls for an 8×8 baking pan and a medium mixing bowl. Below, you will find my recommendations from Amazon – yes, as usual they are affiliate links. That means I will make a few pennies if you purchase them. 🙂
- Kitchen Supply 8 Inch Square Glass Baking Dish
- ZUCCOR 2.8 qt. Professional Steel Mixing Bowl w/ Silicone Base