Do you love the combination of raspberries and white chocolate? Do you just love an ultra moist chocolate brownie with lots of chocolate chips in it? If you do, you will love these Chocolate Raspberry Brownies. It is a take from these super moist chocolate brownies, one of the most popular kid friendly recipes on our site, Kidz Activities.
What You Need to Make Chocolate Raspberry Brownies…
- 8oz. unsalted butter (or 1 cup of butter, melted)
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12oz. package) dark chocolate chips
- 5oz. or 140g. cream cheese
- 2T. milk
- 2oz. or 50g. white chocolate
- ½ cup frozen raspberries
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (or 180 degrees Celsius) and line a 13 x 9 ½ inch baking pan with baking paper.
- Melt the butter in the microwave for 30 seconds. 8oz. or 2 US sticks of butter should yield 1 cup of melted butter. Pour the melted butter into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the cocoa powder and stir well until blended. Then add the sugar and mix well. Add the eggs and mix.
- Add the vanilla, salt and flour, and stir until just mixed together. Do not overbeat. Stir in chocolate chips until just combined.
- Spread the brownie batter on the prepared baking pan and set aside.
- Put the cream cheese and milk in a bowl. Using a mixer, beat the cream cheese until whipped.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave for 15-30 seconds. Then fold the melted chocolate into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture on top of the brownie batter. If it looks a bit messy or if it doesn't cover the entire top surface, it doesn't matter, because of the next step.
- Using a knife, swirl it through the batter to create a marbled effect.
- Put some frozen raspberries randomly on the top layer.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until cooked through. To test if it is cooked: Insert a tooth pick in the middle. If it comes out clean, it is ready. Let it cool and cut into 35 one-inch squares. Enjoy!
My kids love the basic brownie recipe on it’s own. So this variation with white chocolate, cream cheese and raspberries was a definite hit as well! Hope your family likes it too.
Tina is an Australian based mum of 3 and the founder of Kidz Activities – a site filled with kids crafts, art & play activities, kid friendly recipes, birthday party ideas and parenting tips.