St. Patrick’s Day is one of those fun bonus holidays where really anything goes. But the beverages do NOT have to be just Guinness and Bailey’s. Kids (and adults) would love to wake up to a festive green drink on St. Patrick’s Day.
If you’re planning a family friendly St Patrick’s Day party, it’s always fun to have a themed beverage to go along with the menu. This St. Patrick’s Day “mocktail” is just the thing. It tastes light and refreshing, with just the right amount of zing. The secret ingredient is frozen limeade concentrate. Just adding a small amount (as little as a teaspoon per serving) gives a flavor punch to ordinary lemon lime soda. Make it festive with a lime candy garnish and a tiny drop of green food coloring.
- 1 Can of Limeade Frozen Concentrate
- 1 2L bottle of Lemon-Lime Soda
- 1 drop liquid green food coloring
- Jelly Lime Candy for Garnish
- In each glass, add 1 teaspoon of the frozen concentrate (straight from the freezer – don’t thaw it first).
- Fill the rest of the glass with the lemon lime soda, and add 1 drop of green food coloring.
- Garnish as desired.