Times are changing! The economy is getting worse and people are reverting back to meals of the 50’s. We are eating out less and cooking in more. Doing that, it is easy to run into a boring recipe routine. BJ’s Wholesale has developed 7 recipes that serve four people for less than 12 dollars. Yes, frugality and family are “in” right now and BJ’s Wholesale is here to help us feed our families on less. Each recipe costs $2.75 or less per serving! These meals cost less to prepare when you purchase the ingredients at BJ’s rather than a grocery store. Shoppers can save more than 30% off supermarket prices at BJ’s, which is also the only wholesale club to accept manufacturer’s coupons in addition to its own, helping to trim your grocery bill.
Angel Hair Frittata – Recipe courtesy of BJ’s Wholesale Club
A solid brunch item – or for brinner (breakfast for dinner). Serves 4 at $1.72 per serving
- 4 Tbsp. Rozzano® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 small Zucchini, sliced
- 1 Tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 Green Onion, diced
- 4 cloves Garlic, finely minced
- 2 Tbsp. Black Pearls® Sliced
- Black Olives
- ½ tsp. McCormick® Basil
- Leaves, crumbled
- 4 Eggland’s Best Eggs
- Salt and Black Pepper
- ½ cup Locatelli® Grated Romano Cheese
- 6 oz. Barilla® Angel Hair, cooked al dente
- 1. Heat 2 Tbsp. of oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté fresh vegetables and garlic until tender, about 3 minutes.
- 2. Stir in olives and dried herbs. Set aside to cool.
- 3. Preheat broiler. Beat eggs and cheese in large bowl. Stir in vegetables and pasta and season with salt and pepper.
- 4. Heat remaining oil in large oven-proof skillet over medium heat. Pour egg mixture into pan and spread with spatula until veggies and pasta are evenly distributed.
- 5. Cook until eggs are set and golden-brown on bottom.
- 6. Immediately place skillet under broiler. Cook until top is set and golden-brown, about 2 minutes. Carefully remove pan from oven.
- 7. Loosen edges with butter spreader. Carefully invert pan over large plate and slide frittata out.
- 8. Cut into 4 wedges and serve immediately.
BJ’s is currently offering a Free 60-Day Trial Membership which can be activated between now and July 5. The risk-free, trial membership includes full member benefits including savings and no surcharge. A basic 12-month membership is $45. Here is the link where you can find and print the pass to take to any BJ’s club.
BJ’s Wholesale Club has over 180 locations in 15 states. Click here for a detailed listing of locations by state.
*DISCLAIMER: BJs supplied the photos and recipes for my In The Kitchen With Kelli Series. I was not sent any product or money for posting these.*
Technorati Tags: RECIPE, Angel, Hair, Frittata, Courtesy, Wholesale, Club, Times, cost, supermarket, manufacturer, addition, brunch, item, breakfast, dinner, Tbsp, Rozzano, Extra, Virgin, Olive, Zucchini, Tomato, Onion, Garlic, Black, Pearls, McCormick, Basil, Eggland, Best, Eggs, Salt, Pepper, Locatelli, Romano, Cheese, Barilla, Directions, Heat, Sauté, Stir, Preheat, Beat, bowl, oven, Pour, mixture, Cook, bottom, Loosen, edges, butter, spreader, Free, Trial, Membership, member, benefits, savings, surcharge, Here, Click, DISCLAIMER, Kitchen, Kelli, Series, product, money, meals, recipes, ingredients, Shoppers, coupons, herbs, locations, photos, grocery, skillet, vegetables, broiler, pasta