Spelling is a crucial part of word building and letter recognition. Teaching spelling with kids can be somewhat challenging so why not make it fun!
Spelling practice doesn’t have to be all serious and no real fun. Approaching spelling with something that is going to catch your child’s interest is your best bet at a successful learning adventure. There are tons of great ideas available including Free Online Spelling Games and Free Printable Spelling Games. Check them out and make your next attempt at practicing and learning spelling with your kiddos something they will remember!
Free Online Spelling Games
1. Play tons of engaging learning games with Vocabulary Spelling City that is compatible with any word list.
2. This Animal Spelling Game For Kids is great for kids who are learning to read and spell with animal fun!
3. Kindergarten Kids Word Lite is a perfect game for learning phonics, matching, sight words, and spelling.
4. This ABC Phonics Game is great for learning the dynamics of spelling including starting with pronunciation.
5. Search for words and grow your own garden in Letter Garden that can be spelling fun for all ages!
Free Printable Spelling Games:
1. Create your own Feed The Monster with these easy printable stickers – I Can Teach My Child
2. This name Fishing Game is a great first learning concept that your kids will enjoy – This Reading Mama
3. Check out this Spell It! printable spelling game perfect for great for any word list. –The Measured Mom
4. You can customize your own dice word game with this Spelling Dice Game Printable. – Childhood 101
5. This awesome Back to School Word Bump makes learning letter and word combinations so much fun. – This Reading Mama
6. This Spell For Your Life printable spelling game easily accommodates all ages and ranges of spellers. – Teach Beside Me
7. This awesome game of Long Spelling Patterns challenges all avenues of spelling. –The Measured Mom
8. Your early learner can match beginning sounds and have letter fun using this this Summer Letter Tile Spelling Mats. – Happy Brown House
9. This easy Spelling Game For Fall Printable is great for any short or long word list. The Measured Mom
10. These Spelling Word Search Printables are an easy creation and learning tool that your child can create! – This Reading Mama
11. Your kids will enjoy watching the advances they make using this Climb The Ladder word printable. – The Measured Mom
12. These Short Vowel Printables are certain to make upcoming spelling ventures super fun! – The Measured Mom
13. This Scoop and Spell pairs fun letter magnets and a great printable for spelling. – This Reading Mama
14. Even your little ones can help in spelling fun with these awesome phonics practice of Milk Cap Spelling Mats. – The Measured Mom
15. This Trace and Write Printable has several options for spelling practice. – JDaniel 4’s Mom
More Spelling Resources:
While the below spelling resources aren’t free, I recommend having at least a couple of these in your Spelling Curriculum.
Scrabble Board Game – I like to play Scrabble with my kids because it helps them to spell, but also helps to improve their vocabulary. One fun spelling word variation is to allow double points on any current spelling words used!
What remedies or fun projects work for teaching spelling in your house? Please share!