Why free activities for 2 year olds?
Having a toddler is expensive!
They require special equipment in the car, to get from place to place, for sleeping, for travel…the list goes on and on.
Free Toddler Activities
The good news is that there are TONS of fun things to do with toddlers that use things you already have at home or are activities that require no special equipment.
And 2-year-olds don’t mind at all!
Here are 10 of our favorite things to do with toddlers:
1. Dig in the kitchen cabinets, pull out all the plastic tupperware you can find, and build towers. Then, the fun part, knock them down!
2. Why not play and clean at the same time? Do some sock mopping by loading up on dads socks and sliding around. You can also put down a beach towel and pull them.
3. Do a little painting with homemade, ok-if-it-enters-their-mouth, finger paint. It takes just a few basic ingredients like flour, salt and water.
4. On a warm day, get the house and some sponges and go outside to wash the car. Help them climb on top (safely) to get the hard to reach places.
5. Print out a bunch of free coloring pages and color with them. Print new ones that correspond with the month, season or holiday.
6. Take a nature walk with them and take your time looking around exploring the world. You can bring some kitchen utinsels along for digging.
7. Make a mini car wash by spraying a mound of dads shaving cream on a flat surface and giving them a spray bottle of water and a make up brush.
8. Get our your straws and coffee stirers and help them to place them in the holes of your collanders and salt shakers. This is a fun activity for kids and is also great for fine motor skills.
9. Use a favorite book to play a simple game, Cover the Rhyme.
10. Encourage your budding chef with some kitchen measuring fun.
This is really only the beginning…embrace the simple play of things that you can find around the house.
Holly Homer is a stay-at-home, partially homeschooling mom of three boys who writes Kids Activities Blog. She is a true believer in the entertainment and crafting power held in the kitchen junk drawer.