This is the most wonderful time of the year and having a winter celebration wouldn’t be complete without one of these Festive Holiday Mocktails!
Seriously, if you’re planning a Christmas party where kids will be in attendance, having a fun mocktail available for them is a necessity–and these mocktails will be quite the treat.
But, if you’re just here for the non-alcoholic beverage, not so much for the holidays, you should definitely check out my other mocktails for kids recipes. You’ll find everything you need for a fun party drink.
But back to these holiday mocktails–and how awesome they are. If you can imagine, you have so many options and only just a handful of holiday parties to bring drinks to.
So, let’s get mixin’!
What is a Mocktail?
Festive non-alcoholic drinks for parties or special occasions that are more visually appealing and, frankly, fun than a regular drink.
Sometimes styled after real cocktails, the mocktail is more like the Shirley Temple of drinks. Always virgin and always tasty. If you have a favorite cocktail, odds are that there’s a mocktail made to taste just like it.
There are literally thousands of mocktail recipes out there and so much fun to be had.
Are Mocktails Safe for Children?
Are you crazy?! Of course they are! Mocktails contain no alcohol (hence the whole “mock” thing) and is usually just an awesome blend of fruit juice and soda.
There is quite a bit of sugar in them, so I wouldn’t want to make mocktails the ONLY thing the boys drink, but for a party or special occasion, a mocktail is definitely on the menu.
And faux cocktails for Christmas are a definite must for the kids.
More Tips for Making Mocktails
Making mocktails does not have to be a chore. It can be a ton of fun if you let it. So, I’ve pulled together some of the best holiday party drink tips I’ve got to help you get your festive drink on.
- First, break out the best cups, glasses and serving-ware. If you have a crystal punchbowl, go for it. If you have a cocktail shaker–get shakin’. It’s all about going over the top, so roll with it.
- Speaking of going over the top, do that with the ice cubes. If you can manage it, make your ice cubes in crazy shapes or colors. But bring the ice–lots of it.
- Make homemade simple syrup and infuse it with fruit or herbs—or both. Nothing says yummy like a little fruit flavored tastiness. You can make a big batch in your slow cooker if you’re planning a big party–or a small batch on the stove for just a close get-together.
- Add some sparkling water to your non-alcoholic Christmas cocktails to make them go just a wee bit further.
- Grab crazy straws and stirrers–and let the kids get wild with them. No straws? Grab a candy cane for your cranberry juice mocktail. Seriously, get creative and enjoy!
Now, I know that you’re just raring to go to make a tester-drink. But before you go, be sure to pin this to your favorite drink recipes board on Pinterest.
That way you can find it again when you realize that your party needs more than one drink!
Where are the Festive Holiday Mocktails Recipes?
Oh, good question, I’m so ready just talking about these awesome festive mocktail recipes that I just can’t wait…so here they are: