In my house, we are always reading. Reading lots and LOTS of books! There are enough Angel themed books here to last a couple weeks or to give you plenty of choices for the best fit(s) for your family. For the little ones, you can print out these Find the Letter: A is for Angels worksheets to keep their hands occupied while they listen to you read one of these books for kids: Angels to them!
Books About Angels for Kids
From stories to facts to coloring – these books are great inspiration for your kids to become the little Angels you know they can be 🙂
1. Angels bring comfort to children. “Guardian Angels: a Book about Angels for Children” will help kids overcome everyday, and not so everyday, fears and challenges. This delightful picture book will bring children comfort in loneliness, in the dark, while getting teased, when facing pressures at school, during the big game and in many other situations children need a little protection. You have found the perfect gift for a child who has trouble falling asleep at night or getting on the school bus in the morning. Help kids face their many fears with Guardian Angels.
2. Thank You, Angels! introduces young children to the world of angels and teaches them how these heavenly beings can help them in many ways. Kids will learn how to ask an angel for help, how to recognize an angel’s voice, and what signs angels may use to let kids know that they’re there. This book offers children a sense of comfort and peace by showing them that they’re never alone.
3. The invisible world of angels is so often overlooked, though it has been present since before the dawn of Creation, offering attentive service and protection to humankind. Based on Catholic teaching, Angels for Kids offers proof of the true existence of angels while dispelling prevalent contemporary myths.
This inspiring book will open the eyes and hearts of youth and their families to a greater awareness of the unseen world, as well as provide warm encouragement to keep company with the incredible angelic friends who unceasingly glorify God and who have been a significant part of salvation history; protecting Jesus throughout His life, announcing heaven’s plans, and guiding and protecting the faithful. A chapter of special prayers to the angels completes the book.
4. From the co creators of the bestseller I Love You This Much comes another touching lullaby book. Join a little one as she wonders about God’s promise to send angels to protect us. Are angels big or small? Do they really have wings? Will they come when we call? Sing along as your child drifts off to sleep surrounded by angels and loved by God.
5. It’s almost Christmas, and Eric Hagel is spying on the new neighbor. What’s going on next door? Why is the house always flickering with candlelight? And what about the eerie flute music every morning at 6:00? When Mr. Tressler puts up a Christmas tree, Eric’s eyes nearly pop out. The angel at the top comes to life! Soon, hundreds of angels are flying in the old man’s house.Can Eric and the Cul-de-sac Kids solve the mystery? And who will be brave enough to take a Christmas gift to the weird house at the end of Blossom Hill Lane?
6. Sixteen original illustrations that evoke the glories of cathedral windows will delight angel enthusiasts of all ages. The images are printed on special translucent paper that perfectly captures the look of leaded glass. After coloring, the angelic drawings will create a stained glass glow when placed in front of windows, lamps, or other light sources.
7. The timeless Christmas classic of an irrepressible angel who struggles to adapt to his new heavenly home, while disrupting one and all by swinging on the golden gates and singing out of tune in the heavenly choir! After his wish is granted, the Littlest Angel learns to live happily in heaven, but is his gift for the Christ child the right one? This title features American spelling.
New illustrations and designed for little ones in all countries. Recommended for children age 4 to 8.
8. Meet a guardian angel like no other, from a writer like no other. Bold rising star, Victoria Schwab, makes her whimsical, inspiring, and clever middle-grade debut.
At a first glance, Aria seems like your average twelve-year-old girl. She has coppery hair, colored shoelaces, and a passion for cupcakes. But there’s more to Aria than meets the eye. She can dream things into existence, use her own shadow like a door, and change the world in small, important ways. Aria is a guardian angel. She’s been sent here to earn her wings. But to do that, she’ll have to help three different girls.
Aria’s first mission is Gabby Torres. Gabby’s always been quiet, but ever since her brother got sick, she’s barely said a word.When a new school offers her a fresh start, Gabby wants badly to be someone new, but she quickly learns it’s hard to make friends while keeping half her life a secret.
And then Aria shows up. Aria, who knows exactly what to say and do to make Gabby feel better. Will she be able to help Gabby find her voice? And will Gabby still trust Aria when she finds out exactly what she is?
9. “If I simply do good deeds,
I will surely plant love’s seeds.”
The story is about a little girl, who dreams about her guardian angel, he teaches her how to love and share.
10. Have you ever wanted to know what the angels would say to you if you could hear them speak? Then this is for you. This is a little book of messages from the Archangels. It is written for kids, but adults will relate to the messages as well. Often we feel alone in this world even when surrounded by friends and loved ones. We long to hear a message that speaks directly to our souls. Angels have become very popular in today’s culture, but some may find it difficult to connect with them. This book is intended as a bridge to connect children and adults alike with the energy of the angels that watch over us always.
Educational ABC Goodies for Kids
- Alphabet Go Fish Matching Card Game
- #1 Best Seller! Alphabet Bingo Games
- The Learning Journey Match It! Alphabet Memory
I hope you and your kids have fun reading about Angels!