I had a great question on my Facebook page the other day from a reader asking me what my general day looks like. I think the below picture describes it pretty well:
HA! Seriously, I spent years going from planner to planner from system to system and not getting organized. No one thing worked for me – no system fit the many things I have to do as a Mom, Blogger, Wife, etc etc. Plus, I tend to get a bit lazy. I do certain things on certain days every single week… but I have so much going on in my life that I can’t remember those things unless they are written down. So, I created my own planner and have been amazed at how much better things are for me!
I still sometimes need to break out my “Gotta Get Caught Up” printable – like now when I am returning from vacation. 🙂
So, I can tell you what I do but unless it is created specifically for you, it isn’t going to help you.
I wake up no later than 6:30 every morning (note, my alarm for the summer is set at 6 – for the school year it is set at 5).
Before leaving my bedroom, I complete my morning routine:
- Face, teeth, hair, and potty.
- Then, I get dressed and if my husband has gotten up I make the bed… if not, then he gets to do it (aka it doesn’t get made. Sue me) On my way out of my bedroom, I grab our dirty clothes and take them to the laundry room. My husband starts a load of laundry every morning. SO, I don’t need to worry with that.
- Into the Kitchen to make my protein shake. I also wash a load of dishes – we do not have a dishwasher and it seems no matter what, there are always dishes in the sink).
- I take my shake into my office and begin my day. This is sometimes by 6 am but unless I am sick, it is no later than 7 am – 7 days a week.
- Now, I have started my work day. I will stay at this computer without getting up for about 4 hours – this changes depending on what time I get up and what day of the week it is – but it between 9 and 10 am.
Those first 4 work hours are spent in approximately this order:
- Scroll through emails for anything that HAS to be responded to right away and respond
- Check editorial calendar to plan my day
- Flip to new planner page – copy any unfinished items from the day before onto the new day – check pre-printed tasks in the planner
- Set timer for 15 minutes and scroll through Facebook <– the timer keeps me from getting sidetracked and sucked in
- Write posts for the 8 am slots if not already scheduled. If they are already scheduled, I spend a bit of time working on new posts <– approximately 1 hour
- Check email for any new or pending digital orders and work through them
- I also do a few 15 minute timers of cleaning out my emails and working through my to do list
By 9 or 10 (the 4 hour mark) my body hurts and I have to get up. I get up and fold & flip laundry, do more dishes, get a snack and drink, potty, start supper if necessary, do a bit of housework, make phone calls, etc. This typically takes me a couple hours.
Around 12:30 or 1 I head back to my computer for a couple hours working on research, future posts, scheduling social media posts, responding to emails, and working through that to do list. I stick with this for a couple hours and then I call it a day!
Granted, I will go back to my computer through the evening several times for a few minutes to check email, approve comments, etc but my work day is basically done – unless I am behind like now thanks to my 15 day vacation. LOL!
Monday 24th of February 2014
s contents through valuable support of the SEO services providers. They are unable to reach 73% of Internet users each day. IDS Logic becomes very fidgety about the fact that any anomaly that gets highlighted invariably leads to degradation in the service provider.
pirater un compte facebook en 4 Min
Sunday 3rd of November 2013
Défait,reconnaissant exploiter à travers réhabiliter sur commence desactiver compte facebook journal. éviter sur voir pirater compte facebook gratuitement sans logiciel.
Thursday 1st of August 2013
Lens cleaning cloths tend to stay dirty, and you end up scratching your lens with grit, dirt, etc.
@PamelaMKramer - A Renaissance Woman
Friday 26th of July 2013
Sounds a lot like my day but I need to get more to do lists. I use those sticky posts on my desk top and boy can it get crowded!