3 Boys and a Dog is gearing up for back to school preparations for everyone – homeschooling and public schooling alike! It is vital that we give our children the best education possible, and that means determining what is right for your child and their particular talents, skills, and interests!
Hi there! My name is Kim Miller, and I’m the “momma extraordinaire” at Life in a House of Testosterone! I have been blogging since 2004, and I am honored to have been selected as one of Kelli’s interns to work with her at 3 Boys and a Dog this summer! A little about me, I have a daughter (25 in November), and two sons (a 13 year old and a 10 year old) and I live in Richmond, Virginia with The Man Thing and our little Jack Russell, Mollyanna. I am a stay-at-home mom since my 13 year old has ADHD and keeps life interesting at all times. When I’m not cooking to feed their bottomless stomachs, I blog about family life, dealing with ADHD, deals and savings, reviews and giveaways of products I love, social networking, blogging tips and tricks – pretty much a little of everything!
Back to School Preparations … for EVERYONE
My internship theme is “Back to School … for EVERYONE!” This includes homeschooling parents and public/private schooling parents. We are going to have fun, fun, FUN now through the end of September every Saturday with great tips for your homeschooling preparations or public schooling preparations and GIVEAWAYS! Listed below is just a sampling of the back-to-school related items that we will be touching on over the next few weeks:
- Free printables for homeschooling and repetitive lessons (such as handwriting, multiplication, letter recognition, etc.)
- Preparing Your Student – from kindergarten to transitional grades (elementary to middle/middle to high school)
- Where to find the best deals (and FREEBIES) for school supplies
- Homeschool curriculums – what to look for, how to track, and what you’ll need
- Buying in Bulk – How getting all of your school supplies in bulk can save you a lot of money!
- Back to School Tax Free Holidays – When They Are and Why You Should Shop Then
- Structure lessons plans around the 6 Major Life Skill Areas Your Child Needs to Succeed, and more!!!
Being a bit of a geek, I get excited over all sorts of back to school stuff! What about you? Do you get giddy at the thought of shopping for school supplies? Are you a last-minute shopper? Let us know your back to school thoughts and we’ll be sure to incorporate what YOU want to see over the next several weeks! Join us each Saturday as we work towards making this an easy transition from summer to school for everyone!