This has quickly become a staple in our home. It is easy and the boys love it. The combination of Tacos and Macaroni and Cheese is perfect for any child’s palate!
- 1 pkg (14 oz) Kraft Deluxe Macaroni & Cheese Dinner
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 pkg Taco seasoning mix
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ½ cup shredded cheddar
- ½ cup shredded Mexican cheese mix
- 1 cup Thick N Chunky Salsa
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Prepare mac & cheese as directed on package. Brown beaf and drain while mac & cheese is cooking. Add taco seasoning to meat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir sour cream into prepared Dinner. Spoon half of the Dinner mixture into 8 inch square baking dish; top with layers of meat mixture, cheddar cheese and remaining Dinner.
- Bake 15 minutes. Top with salsa and Mexican Cheese. Bake, uncovered, an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
I got this recipe from a Kraft Foods recipe and changed it just a hair for my family… we like more cheese than they called for and we love the 5-cheese mexi mix.