Nothing says “childhood during winter” like a tall mug of warm hot chocolate. When I was a kid, I remember begging my parents to stop at Daylight Donuts just so I could get a mug of hot cocoa. I think I even had the reusable plastic mug you could keep…lol.
There are a ton of amazing hot chocolate recipes you can make at home this winter and we’ve gathered over 21 of them below. Be sure to try as many as you can with the kids this winter – or any time of the year!
For more cocoa goodness, don’t miss my list of 15 chocolate recipes to try!
Over 21 Amazing Hot Chocolate Recipes:
1. This recipe for Spicy Hot Chocolate uses powdered mustard for a spicy kick. Give it a try! You’ll like it!
2. This really cute Hot Chocolate on a Stick would make lovely party gifts!
3. If you love mint and chocolate, this Mint Hot Chocolate is a perfect winter drink!
4. These Hot Chocolate Cookie Cups are just too adorable. The kids will love them!
5. Make hot cocoa the easy way – let it simmer in your slow cooker! This recipe for Crockpot Hot Chocolate is an easy way to get started.
6. Trying to cut down on the kids’ sugar intake? Try this Healthy Hot Chocolate for little ones!
7. I think I can safely say that this Monster Hot Chocolate will be a huge hit with your kids. It’s green with googly eyes!
8. Once you’ve mastered making hot cocoa in your crockpot, up your game with this delicious Slow Cooker Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate!
9. Have cocoa in no time with this simple Three-Ingredient Hot Chocolate!
10. Make a big batch of this Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix and have it ready whenever you’re in the mood for cocoa!
11. Add a layer of indulgence with this Caramel Hot Chocolate!
12. This Peppermint-Flavored Frozen Hot Chocolate is a cool drink, so you can even have it during mid-summer!
13. Did you like the Spicy Hot Chocolate? Kick it up a notch with this Explosive Hot Chocolate made with a dash of cayenne pepper!
14. This Snowball Hot Chocolate is a must-try. It’s a hot white chocolate drink topped with vanilla ice cream!
15. Put this Crockpot Peppermint Hot Chocolate on in the morning and it’ll make your whole house smell amazing!
16. Make your cocoa rich with this recipe for French Hot Chocolate. It’s made with whipping cream for extra creaminess!
17. This yummy Candy Bar Hot Chocolate only takes three minutes to make!
18. Ever heard of Champurrado? It’s Thick Mexican Hot Chocolate. Give it a try with this recipe!
19. Prepare this Toasted Marshmallow Hot Cocoa and get a taste of S’mores with every sip!
20. The kids will love this cute Snowman Hot Chocolate. It’s even got a smiley face in each cup!
21. Turn cocoa into candy with this recipe for Hot Chocolate Marshmallow Fudge!
22. Love pumpkin spice lattes? Try this Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate for a taste of autumn!
23. Of course, you can’t go wrong with MORE chocolate. Make this Double Chocolate Hot Chocolate for the chocoholic in your family!
Hot Chocolate Recipes Resources:
Whip up your own delicious hot chocolate recipes with these resources!