Ask any child what they love to play with. At least half of them are going to say “LEGOS!” In our family, the LEGO box is what my kids fight over the most. They love the challenge of coming up with a design, trying to build a creation, and then seeing if it actually works afterward.
While you can use LEGO bricks to build vehicles, buildings, and more, you can also use them for learning! This week I’m sharing with you 27 Lego Ideas and resources I’ve found online. There are tips here for using LEGO and DUPLO creations to reinforce math, spelling, writing, and engineering concepts!
27 LEGO Ideas:
1. Turn LEGO into a special occasion and have a LEGO party with the kids!
2. Teach kids how to create and read bar graphs with this LEGO Bar Graphing activity!
3. Let the kids take their bricks on the go with this adorable DIY Portable LEGO Travel Kit!
4. Are your kids running out of ideas? Grab this Printable LEGO Challenge Calendar and get 31 new ideas for building with LEGO!
5. Introduce children to coding with this fun Code a LEGO Maze project!
6. What child doesn’t like to throw things? LOL. Your kids will love making this DIY LEGO Catapult!
7. Get the whole family involved with building and have a LEGO Family Game Night!
8. Preschoolers will have fun learning how to Count and Measure with LEGO!
9. Even your smallest learners can get in on the fun with this cute Animal Mix-Up LEGO Activity!
10. Part of building is learning to make and read blueprints. Help kids learn how to get started with this DIY LEGO Blueprint Making activity!
11. LEGO is a wonderful way to help kids visualize math concepts. Try this Subtraction LEGO Game!
12. These printable LEGO Pattern Cards would make a great addition to a preschool busy bag!
13. If your young ones are having trouble managing their feelings, this Printable LEGO Emotions Chart is a great way to help them express themselves.
14. Make this easy LEGO Calm Down Jar and help kids take a breather when their feelings get intense.
15. Make it simple for little ones to learn the alphabet with this cute Printable LEGO Alphabet Cards!
16. Ten frames are an excellent method for introducing kids to making ten. These DIY LEGO Math Ten Frames are brilliant!
17. If your boys are active learners (like mine), they’ll love these LEGO learning ideas for boys!
18. Did you know you can use LEGO to teach your kids to spell? Try Spelling with LEGO Letters!
19. LEGO is a fun way to get kids into designing and engineering. This DIY Balloon-Powered LEGO Car is a neat way to get started!
20. Your older kids will love making (and wearing) these DIY LEGO Earrings!
21. Playdough that has an electric charge? This LEGO Electric Play Dough is a super duper cool project for kids!
22. Make art with your bricks and create these LEGO Construction Paper Sun Prints!
23. When you’re learning about how plants grow, let the kids build this LEGO Plant Growth Model to “see” how it happens!
24. Have some sensory play with this Simple LEGO Sensory Slime!
25. Grab these printable LEGO Story Starters and challenge your kids to write a LEGO story of their own!
26. Use your blocks to talk about simple machines and then try this LEGO Pulley Building Challenge with the kids!
27. Children will have a blast making and playing with this fun LEGO Zipline!
Resources for Lego Ideas:
Try these Amazon affiliate resources to make these and other LEGO ideas with the kids!
- 365 Things to Do with LEGO Bricks – Simon Hugo
- LEGO Large Creative Box – 1500 pieces
- Awesome LEGO Creations with Bricks You Already Have – Sarah Dees
There are so many really cool things to do with LEGO, as well as instruction manuals, patterns, and more I’ve found for my boys. How about you? Do you have any LEGO ideas? I would love to check them out. Feel free to share them in the comments!