RECIPE: Taco Bake Casserole

DSCN4262 300x224 RECIPE:  Taco Bake Casserole

Since everyone keeps asking for this, I dropped what I was doing to get it on here. icon smile RECIPE:  Taco Bake Casserole This calls for boxed mac & cheese and since I make all my mac and cheese from scratch I was skeptical. icon smile RECIPE:  Taco Bake Casserole I HATE boxed macaroni and cheese, but this was WONDERFUL! My boys all vouch for it, also. icon smile RECIPE:  Taco Bake Casserole

1 pkg (14 oz) Kraft Deluxe Macaroni & Cheese Dinner
1 lb ground beef
1 pkg Taco seasoning mix
3/4 cup water
3/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup shredded cheddar
1/2 cup shredded mexican cheese mix
1 cup Thick N Chunky Salsa

Preheat oven to 400 F. Prepare mac & cheese as directed on package. Brown beaf and drain while mac & cheese is cooking. Add taco seasoning to meat and simmer 5 minutes.

Stir sour cream into prepared Dinner. Spoon half of the Dinner mixture into 8 inch square baking dish; top with layers of meat mixture, cheddar cheese and remaining Dinner.

Bake 15 minutes. Top with salsa and Mexican Cheese. Bake, uncovered, an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.

*I got this recipe from a Kraft Foods recipe and changed it just a hair for my family… we like more cheese than they called for and we love the 5-cheese mexi mix.

pixel RECIPE:  Taco Bake Casserole

This post may contain affiliate links - any opinions stated are strictly my own!

About Kelli Miller

My husband (Ricky) of 14 years, our three wild and wonderfully different little boys, one totally spoiled little dog named Annie, and I live in a small town on the coast of Southern Alabama.

Comments

1. Mmmmm… this sounds good. and easy, which is sometimes better than good :)

2. MoonNStarMommy says:

Thanks for sharing!! I’m from MBC – following you :)

3. This recipe is perfect when you have unexpected company. I had my daughter and four kids come visit unexpectedly and I had just saved this recipe, so I made it for them and they were actually fighting over the last bit in the pan. I will definitely be making this one again. Thanks for posting this.

• Isn’t it great!? And it really makes quite a bit. We love it, it is one of those “go tos” as we almost always have the ingredients on hand for this one

4. Crystal & Co says:

Yum! My family would love this. Can’t wait to try it next week.

• Girl, it is seriously yummy! Make some mexican cornbread to go with it! MMM! LOL

5. Yum! I found this receipe on I’m an Organizing Junkie. Can’t wait to try it out. Our family likes cheese, too!

6. This will be Saturdays dinner lol
    thanks

7. Debbie R says:

This looks so easy to make.I think I will give this a try! I am glad you added more cheese. We like cheese too! Thanks again.

8. Jessica Beard says:

Yummy! This sounds easy and uses ingredients I always have around the house. Great idea! I think I’ll use it this week.

9. OMG this is one of my favourite meals EVER!!! I also add finely diced green onions and broken tortilla chips. YUMMM! Now I need to make this.

10. Rene @ Budget Saving Mom says:

Thanks so much for linking up to my Budget Recipe linky!! This looks delicious! (-:

11. Blog hopping from Temp My Tummy Tuesdays. This looks soooo yummy! I MUST try this! Thank you for sharing!

12. looks so yummy! Would love for you to come over and link up to my Tasty Tuesday party! http://nap-timecreations.blogspot.com/2011/12/christmas-cookies-and-tasty-tuesday.html

13. MMM, this sounds super easy with a great taste. I will be making it next week. Thanks for sharing.
    gourdsrmylife(at)yahoo(dot)com

14. Cheryl Morreale (@loucheryl) says:

I’m really looking forward to trying this recipe!

15. This sounds easy but so yummy!!! Thanks for the great recipe. Rita

Trackbacks

1. [...] Friday: Easy and quick Taco Bake Recipe [...]

2. Meal Plan For August 29th | Talking Dollars and Cents says:

[...] Breakfast- Cereal Lunch- Peanut Butter and honey sandwich with apple slices Dinner- Taco Bake with [...]