Saint Patrick’s Day is on March 17th. That means, I want to do our school work on the week of the 8th! So, I am currently gathering any necessary materials, including books! Between reading to my child and having my child read to me, I need a ton of books to last us an entire week PLUS two days. 🙂 Don’t you? This list of Saint Patrick’s Day Books for Kids will help you do just that! 🙂
Saint Patrick’s Day Books for Kids
From stories to facts to coloring – these books will help you teach your kids everything there is to know about Saint Patrick’s Day!
1. It?s the night before St. Patrick?s Day, and Tim and Maureen are wide awake setting traps to catch a leprechaun! When they wake the next morning to the sound of their dad playing the bagpipes and the smell of their mom cooking green eggs, they?re shocked to find that they?ve actually caught a leprechaun. But will they be able to find his pot of gold? Natasha Wing?s latest title is once again told in verse to the same meter of Clement Moore?s classic.
2. The story begins with the traditional symbols of the day that are often found in schoolrooms, such as shamrocks, harps, and leprechauns. Then the narrative moves to a short biography of Saint Patrick himself: as a shepherd, as a missionary, and as a teacher. This colorfull boardbook ties together the live of Patrick with the traditional images of Ireland.
3. Count along with the forest friends in this shimmery board book! Five bright green holographic shamrock tabs and fun rhyming text make this a St. Patrick’s Day treat!
4. The story of Patrick’s life, from his noble birth in Britain, to his being captured and taken to Ireland by a group of bandits, to the “dreams” that led him to convert the Irish people to the Christian faith. DePaola also retells several well-known legends, including the story of how Patrick got rid of all the snakes in Ireland. Full color.
5. This beautifully illustrated storybook dictionary explains 26 Irish traditions.
6. A children’s book that tells the story of the naughty Leprechaun that comes to visit an Irish-American family every Saint Patrick’s Day and the damage he causes when the children try to trap him and get his gold. Go to www.theleprechauntrap.com to send us pictures and video of your family’s experience of trying to catch a Leprechaun on Saint Patrick’s Day.
7. Little Jilly wants one thing for St. Patrick’s Day…that’s to be 100% pinch proof!
But Jilly has a BIG lesson to learn before she can get what she wants. Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day and share this cute story with your little one. Your child will love this funny tale about a mischievous little girl who over thinks the St. Patrick’s tradition of pinching people who aren’t wearing green. Presented in widescreen format and full of bright colorful pictures that will keep the attention of any child.
Share a laugh with your child and grab this story Today.
8. Jamie seeks a way to prove that he is not too young to march in the big St. Patrick’s Day parade.
9. It’s Saint Patrick’s Day, and time to join in the celebration. Children can lift the flaps for interactive fun as they see the children in this book make holiday crafts, taste traditional Irish food, perform a play about Saint Patrick, and even march in a Saint Patrick’s Day parade. As an added bonus, they can search for the hidden leprechaun on each spread. A great way for young readers to learn about and enjoy the holiday.
10. A clever new Holiday adventure in the best-selling series about the Bailey School Kids-complete with an extensive puzzle and activity section.
There are some pretty weird grown-ups in Bailey City, but is the owner of the new pet store really a Leprechaun? And is he using the Blarney Stone to take over the town? The Bailey School Kids are going to find out!
I hope you and your kids have fun learning about Saint Patrick’s Day!