Last week I shared with you an awesome new construction themed park, Diggerland. Sahara Sam Waterpark, is located just down the road in West Berlin, NJ.
This indoor and outdoor waterpark has some pretty great attractions! For slides, (to name but a few) there is the Nile Mile, a super-fast 350 foot slide that will send you shooting down, outside, then back inside the waterpark. The whole family can sit in a round raft and go down Mount Kilimanjaro. The raft will hold 3-4 members at a time, so it’s a must do if you are there with your loved ones. If slides aren’t your thing, you can grab a tube and circle down Congo Bongo, which is a lazy river loop. Feeling sporty? Give NJ’s only indoor surfing simulator, The Flow Rider a try. The Flow Rider technology creates an ever-lasting surfing wave that you can body surf, or if you are good enough, stand up and hang 10!
Sahara Sam’s brand new, 2-acre outdoor water park is now open. The 6.5 million dollar outdoor expansion features a 25-meter leisure pool (The Blue Lagoon), a children’s splash park (Splish-Splash), a full service bar (The Wipeout), sand volleyball courts, and a 12,000 sq ft wave pool (The Rip & Roll). The project also includes an 8,000 square foot building addition featuring new kitchen facilities, restrooms, and expanded party facilities. This area of the park was very impressive and even though it was a blazing 96 degrees when we visited, we kept cool and comfortable.
My overall impressions:
- the water temperature inside was just right, as was the air temperature
- the water temperature in the outdoor park was perfect!
- all the facilities were clean
- locker rental was reasonable- $6 for a small one and $7 for a large
- I appreciated the large change rooms to the side of the lockers as I was able to change my children without having to go into a restroom
- staff members and lifeguards were knowledgeable and friendly
- just like Diggerland, they do not allow outside food and drink in, but no one minded that I had a few allergy-friendly snacks in my bag for my son
- food was not too expensive and was cooked to order (allergy note: they use vegetable oil for their frying)
As you can tell by the photos, there was plenty for my husband and I to do, as well as our 4.5 and 2.5 year old. We will be back!
The great folks at Sahara Sam’s and Diggerland would like you to win FOUR tickets to either attraction! You may enter both giveaways, but you may only be the winner of one of them. See below to enter and good luck!!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
a Rafflecopter giveaway
*DISCLAIMER: This is an honest review. Any opinions stated are strictly my own. All information, including allergy notes should be checked upon your arrival and are subject to change. I was sent tickets by Sahara Sam’s to help facilitate my review. All photos used in this post are courtesy of Kathy Zagorski.*
Saturday 12th of July 2014
Want to come and get in on all the fun! My boys will so love this. Thank you for the posts!Hope to win with fingers crossed! :)
Friday 11th of July 2014
Sahara Sams is awesome we have been going there ever since it opened. You cant beat the slides etc and the pricing at $59 for a season pass. Now when we go we try to tie in a trip to digger land as well my son and daughter both love every minute there. It is a very unique type of amusement park.