No one is commenting on National Cleaning Week, does that mean no one is playing with me? Oh, well, I have started, now I have to see it through. LOL! Today is about those living areas. Remember: we are not trying to handle the daily stuff this week, but the other stuff that gets left.
Living Room & Den:
- Start at the top! Get all the corners, door frames, a/c vents, really well. Scrub them down! Don’t worry about the stuff falling on the things below, because we will get there today.
- Clean the fans and light fixtures! Take the light globes into the sink and soak them in soapy water. While they are soaking, really wipe down the fan blades and light fixtures. Finish the globes and allow them to dry before putting back.
- Wipe down the walls! Grab a wet rag and start getting rid of all the finger prints, crayons smears, etc off your walls. Don’t forget to get the light switches.
- Scrub the furniture! This could take a while depending on the number of furniture pieces you have in your living room and/or den… clear off the flat pieces, wipe them well, only put back what is necessary! As far ads the cloth pieces go, take off the cushions and vacuum them as well as under them!
- Floor time! Start at the baseboards and work your way to the middle of the room. Be sure to get under furniture! You can use an old toothbrush to get the crease where the baseboards and the floor meet.
Playroom and Rec Room:
For the playing areas, you need to do everything on the living room and den list, but you need to start with getting rid of broken and unused toys. Puzzles that don’t have all the pieces? Trash them or plan a fun puzzle piece craft with them.
Sunday 24th of April 2011
National Cleaning Week seems like an amusing week, hopefully in future, neighbourhoods would design a group cleaning activities for kids and adults alike.
Tuesday 29th of March 2011
Hello! I have been a faithful follower of your blog and have recently nominated you for the Stylish Blogger Award. Congratulations! I look forward to continued reading of your blog! ~Lisa http://berksgirl.blogspot.com