Ahh, for me this is the hardest group of kids to buy for! They are too old for toys and not old enough for can & apartment goodies. However, in this day and age there are lots of options for helping to knock out the Tweens on your shopping list!
Holiday Ideas for Non-Gender Specific Tween Gifts:
The following gifts are good for boys and girls in this age division! By this age, if they don’t already have them, the kids are wanting cellphones – sit down with your child and find out exactly WHY they want a cellphone – chances are you can save the monthly payment an invest in a tablet or iPod touch. With either one they can add the text+ app and snap chat. Using your wifi, your tween can access anything they might need a monthly plan for! So, below are my top picks for items that are just as good (if not better) than a cellphone!
Apple iPod Touch
iPod touch features a 6-mm ultrathin design and brilliant, 4-inch Retina display. Discover music, movies, and more from the iTunes Store, or browse apps and games from the App Store. And with iOS 6—the world’s most advanced mobile operating system—you get Siri, iMessage, Facebook integration, FaceTime, Game Center, and more. Now that sounds fun.
Yes, this is the newest, the 5th Generation – however, if you are getting for the younger end of the spectrum, I suggest the 4th – it is much cheaper! So, if something happens to it, you are out less money. LOL!
- iPod Touch at Amazon – approximately $299
Kindle Fire HDX is perfect for work or play, with the fastest processor on a 7″ tablet, the latest graphics engine, world-class Dolby audio, and a highly portable form factor
My youngest son has this – it is small, so perfect for little hands and runs on an Android operating system. So, he can play Angry Birds, Racing, and any other of his favorite games from my phone!
Holiday Gift Ideas for Tween Girls:
BYou Magazine Subscription
Our magazine regularly features:
• Exclusive positive role-model celebs, including Disney & Nickelodeon stars
• Inspiring stories of “Girls Making a Difference” – real girls who are making an impact on girls everywhere
• Powerful articles on bullying, positive thinking, body image, empowerment, inner beauty, and helpful self-esteem tips
• Empowering craft projects & activities, fun puzzles, brain teasers, games, jokes, riddles, photos, and lots of fun stuff
• Inspirational fiction – snippets and artwork from girl-world authors
• Multiple opportunities for readers to submit articles, poems, & photos
• ‘On-Location’ behind-the-scene photos with teen celebs
• Contests, Quizzes, Giveaways, Color Me BYOU, and much more!
- Online at www.BYOUmagazine.com/order or at Barnes & Noble, Kroger, Meijer, and other newsstands! – $17.97
- Follow @BYOUMagazine on Twitter
EyeDoll Chatter Makeup
Pick a purple, a pink or a blue. Choose a shimmer scented with cherry blossom or chocolate or cotton candy. Put them together in a layer cake of a look that’s all your own, and then tell all your besties.
That’s the pretty premise of EyeDoll Chatter, a collection of mineral makeup kits that let tweens/teens customize eye, cheek and lip colors and share them using a free iPhone app. “Girls want to have fun with makeup and they want to talk about it with their friends,” says Kali Sharp, a former smart phone app developer, who with her sister, a beauty junkie turned make-up pro, and their mother, created EyeDoll Chatter. “We drew on our diverse experiences to provide teens with a new makeup concept that is fun, healthy for skin, and relevant to their lifestyle.”
Key to that mandate is the use of mineral pigments to bring out the skin’s beautiful, natural glow while allowing it to breathe, without clogging pores. The products feature aluminum-free titanium dioxide and zinc oxide for natural sun-protection. And just as important is what is not used. EyeDoll Chatter formulas are always talc-free, dye-free and free of parabens and other chemical irritants. Color products are all-natural, shimmers and lip balms are scented with cosmetic-grade, skin-safe fragrances, and all formulas are proudly made in the U.S.A
- EyeDoll Chatter products are available at specialty boutiques across the U.S. including Bella Rouge (New York), Blo Boutique (Atlanta, GA), Rockin’ Robin Children’s Boutique (Valdosta, GA) and Busy Bee Boutique (Loveland, OH). Purchase and view application videos online at EyeDollChatter.com. – $25.00
Holiday Gift Ideas for Tween Boys:
I had zero submissions t the gift guide for Tween boys – yep brands much find this age group difficult as well. LOL! I can tell you by looking to my own boys. They are wanting things like:
- Gaming Systems: WiiU, Playstation 4, XBox One and games to go with the system they currently have.
- They want the hard LEGO packs that are for ages 14 and up
- They want clothing and accessories with their Team on them (like T-shirts, hoodies, hats, and wallets)
- All of my Boys like Jake by Hollister cologne
- They also love all the AXE stuff – Walmart currently has gift sets for $9.88
- The older two want Beats headphones – at almost $200 each, that isn’t going to happen for mine. Just not in the budget – but maybe it is in your budget. Sony has a version that looks very similar for only $13.99 <– that is more likely to happen.
- Outside goodies – they never tire of footballs and basketballs