Happy Tuesday! I hope you’ve been enjoying the Preschool Alphabet series so far. I know we’ve been having fun doing all the crafts and projects. And just think — we’ve still got 24 more letters to go!! Yippee!
Today, we’ll be doing “B is for Buttons”. The kids at my home day care got a real kick out of this one… I don’t know if it was the glue or the buttons, but they sure enjoyed it! Let’s get started!
What You Need:
- Construction Paper
- Buttons (I got mine at Oriental Trading, $6.50 for 800 pieces)
What You Do:
I started off by drawing a large letter “B” on the construction paper, you could also create a Word document by using Word Art (or you could just grab the one I made for you!). Give each child a pile of buttons and a glue stick and show them what to do. Watch closely, just in case someone gets the crazy idea of eating a button!
Other Great Resources to Check Out:
- Sesame Street ABC Board Books Complete Set: We inherited this from my sister after her kids outgrew it and it has been such a huge hit. I love that many books rhyme and that each book concentrates on a different letter.
- Art Across the Alphabet: We snagged this at our local library and have found a lot of fun ideas in it.
- Letters and Words from Enchanted Learning: Tons of printable worksheets and even a fun dinosaur-theme book (and you know much we love dinosaurs around here!)
- Alphabuddies Alphabet Crafts from DLTK (B is for Blue’s Clues, anyone? Sign us up!)
- ABC Worksheets from ABCTeach: Dot to Dot, Booklets, Posters and more!
What About You?
What have you been up to in your classes?
About the Author:
Lindsey Whitney is a mom of two, home day care provider, and blogger over at Growing Kids Ministry. A blog designed to help parents, teachers, and Children’s Ministry workers who want to help the kids they love grow in their faith. You can connect with her via twitter or on facebook!