Do you want a unique appetizer that won’t be at every party? These Savory Parmesan Bites are amazing and when I serve them, I always get compliments. Most of my guests have never had anything like them.
I personally love how simple they, yet they taste very complex. This is an appetizer you can serve and people will think you slaved over it all day. No-one will ever guess that these were done with a can of refrigerator crescent rolls.
Savory Parmesan Bites
This is an appetizer you can serve and people will think you slaved over it all day.
Author: Kelli Miller
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 1 8-ounce package of softened cream cheese
- 1 cup of parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 8-ounce cans of refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup of fresh chopped parsley
- To make the Savory Parmesan Bites, begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, beat together the softened cream cheese and ¾ cup of parmesan cheese with a hand mixer until it is well blended.
- Open the refrigerator crescent rolls and separate them into 8 triangles, seal the seams where necessary. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the rectangles and top them with the chopped peppers and parsley. Fold each of the rectangles lengthwise into thirds so the filling is enclosed. Cut each rectangle into four equal squares. Place the squares, seam side down, onto a non-greased baking sheet and sprinkle the remaining parmesan cheese over them.
- Place the baking sheet into the preheated oven and bake them until golden brown, which will take 13 to 15 minutes. Remove the Savory Parmesan Bites and place them on a serving dish. Serve warm.
Having last-minute company over? No problem, this dish only takes about 30-minutes including prep time to cook. I also like serving these as an afternoon snack when my kids have friends over. With very few ingredients in this recipe, even the kids will eat them up.
There have been nights when I just cook up a bunch of appetizers for dinner and these go great with my At Home Nachos. The nachos are another great recipe to serve at a family party, make enough because they won’t last long!