Florida is a super popular tourist destination for families. And since there are so many attractions in the state, it makes sense! But there’s a lot to learn about the Sunshine State, even if you’re not planning a trip there anytime soon.
Florida is home to all kinds of interesting animals and landforms. So it’s a great unit study for homeschoolers! If you’ll be studying this state with your kids soon, be sure to try these fun and easy Florida crafts for kids! Your little ones will love making these fun projects!
And, if it’s more ocean-themed activities you’re looking for, check out my roundup of fish activities and crafts for kids!
Florida Crafts for Kids:
1. This Craft Stick Crocodile Craft is simply adorable and only needs a couple of handy supplies!
2. Handprint crafts are a great way to get little children involved in art. Make this fun Handprint Dolphin Craft to learn about native Florida dolphin species!
3. Everglades National Forest is located in southern Florida. This region is home to some of the swampiest swamps around! Kids will love playing with this Swamp Sensory Tub!
4. Lots of people visit Florida for its beaches. This cute Paper Plate Beach Ball is an easy beach-themed craft to make!
5. Jellyfish abound in the oceans off the Florida coast. I love how cute this Cardboard Tube Jellyfish is!
6. Manatees, also called sea cows, are one of the most recognized animals in the state. This neat Manatee Paper Craft is a cool way to learn about where they live!
7. If you are planning a trip to Florida soon, use this cute Disney World Themed Paper Chain to countdown to your trip!
8. Make this cute and yummy Twizzlers Palm Tree Treat for a fun geography snack!
9. Collect beach sand and use it to make this lovely Beach Sand Shell Art!
10. Tweak this recipe for a Salt Dough Map and use it to make a 3D map of Florida!
Do you have any special interests in the state of Florida? Did I miss any fun learning ideas? Share your suggestions!