My kids are always bugging me to play a game with them, but lets face it there are only so many times in one day I can play Guess Who or Pictureka! I love games and I am always on the look out for a games that our family can play together. Got ‘Em is a family board game of strategy that even my five year old was able to grasp! (though not as viciously as me! LOL)
There are two ways to play the game with the Bright Got ‘Em rules and the Brainy Got ‘Em rules for more advanced players. The rules are very simple and very easy to follow. And set up was a breeze. After opening the package we were playing in less then 5 minutes after reading the rules and setting things up. I played with my seven and five year old kids and they did quite well (it’s recommended for ages 8+). I had to read the cards for my five year old as he isn’t quite yet reading but that didn’t have any affect on the game play. The object of the game is to place walls and trap your opponents’ pawns before they trap your. Once a pawn is trapped they are eliminated and game play continues until all but one pawn has been trapped (hopefully not your own 😉 ) Once a player is eliminated, “it is customary to yell “Got ‘Em” and do a little dance” (I had to chuckle when I read that in the rules).
One lucky 3 Boys and a Dog reader will win their own Got ‘Em game!
REQUIRED COMMENT: Tell me in the comments below who you would like to play this game with.
BONUS #1: Follow @calliopetweets and @momof3boys3702 on Twitter and RT this contest. The easiest way to retweet is to simply click the green ReTweet on the top right of this post. YOU MAY TWEET ONCE DAILY
Other bonus entries:
- #1. Spread the word about this review by: email, forums, blogging, Digg, or putting the link in a meme. (one entry per thing done)
- #2. Sign up for my NEW Weekly Newsletter.
- #3. Subscribe to my RSS feed.
- #4. Put my button on your blog.
- #5. Leave a comment on any other post (excluding giveaways!) Be sure to leave a comment here saying which post.
- #6 – Vote for me at Picket Fence by clicking the button on my sidebar. Be sure to leave a comment saying you did! YOU MAY VOTE ONCE DAILY!
CONTEST ENDS: at Midnight CST on May 10th
OPEN TO: USA and Canada
*DISCLAIMER: I was sent this game by Calliope Games to help facilitate my review. Any opinions stated are strictly my own.*