How many times has this happened to you? You decide to cook baked potatoes for the family and you don’t want to risk running out. So you bake enough for everyone to have one, plus a few extra. What happens? You end up with leftover baked potatoes.
Don’t throw them in the garbage! You can still find some great ideas for what to do with leftover baked potatoes and we’re sharing several recipes to do just that in this roundup! These recipes are excellent for reusing baked potatoes to make delicious soups, appetizers, sides, and more!
What if you end up with extra boiled potatoes in the fridge? You can use them up too with these recipes for leftover boiled potatoes!
What to Do With Leftover Baked Potatoes:
1. Turn your extra baked potatoes into a spicy side with these Kickin BBQ Stuffed Potatoes!
2. Scoop out the flesh from your potatoes and make these Mashed Potato and Stuffing Patties!
3. This creamy Slow Cooker Ham and Potato Soup looks so comforting and delicious!
4. Kids will love eating these bite-sized Muffin Tin Mashed Potatoes!
5. This recipe for Twice-Baked Potatoes uses leftover baked potatoes, so if you have extras lying around, you’re already halfway to making this dish!
6. Use the remaining potatoes as the base for this layered Leftover Shepherd’s Pie!
7. Make these mini Potato Turkey Balls to let kids get a taste of turkey and potatoes in each bite!
8. Reheat your baked potatoes and set up this Chili Baked Potato Bar!
9. Use baked potatoes to prepare this Baked Potato Salad with Peas & Bacon!
10. Take your cooked baked potatoes and dress them up with this recipe for Barbecue Beef Stuffed Potatoes!
11. Make your own savory appetizers with these Potato and Chive Waffles!
12. Try a new dish for Taco Tuesday: Twice-Baked Taco Potatoes!
13. Slice your baked potatoes to make these Italian-Style Baked Potato Wedges!
14. Serve a pot of Leftover Baked Potato Soup with French bread!
15. These Leftover Smashed Potatoes look good enough to appear on a restaurant menu!
16. Add some cheese and bacon to make these Loaded Mashed Potatoes!
17. Or turn a supreme baked potato into a fall stew with this Loaded Baked Potato Soup with Ham!
18. Serve these Italian Baked Mashed Potatoes with sliced turkey breast!
19. Skip the freezer aisle at the store and make your own Homemade Pierogies out of cooked potatoes!
20. Use your leftover potatoes to make these Skillet Home Fries!
21. These Cheesy Loaded Twice-Baked Potatoes would be great for game day!
22. Scramble up some eggs to pair with this Leftover Baked Potato Hash!
23. Add a little tart to your side dish with these Lemony Leftover Baked Potatoes!
24. These Homestyle Hash Browns would be delicious for breakfast!
25. Cook up some fried chicken and serve these Twice-Baked Oven Home Fries on the side!
26. Make these Loaded Smashed Potatoes and let the kids help you “smash” the potatoes!
I love to pair potatoes with this quick, easy, flavorful Balsamic Chicken Breasts Recipe!
Resources for What to Do With Leftover Baked Potatoes:
Repurpose your leftover baked potatoes into delicious sides with these Amazon affiliate resources!