Every week, I go into my google analytics and do some searching and recording. This helps me to see what is working and what isn’t and helps me make a plan for the next week. I suggest that you start doing the same. You don’t have to do it on your site, because if it doesn’t fit your site, you don’t want it on there! However, you should find your top 5 referrals and record them in a spreadsheet and refer back to it regularly.
Top Five Posts of the Week
Looking into my analytics, I want to see what posts were the most popular. This helps me to determine if there are other posts I can interlink into these posts to increase my page views. It helps me to determine if I should be writing more about those topics, etc.
- Monster Cookie Dough Dip – This was also my top post from last week.
- Keep It Clean Tilapia – This was the #1 most popular post on Southern Mom Cooks and it looks like it is on its way to taking the glory of that spot here at 3 Boys and a Dog!
- The Learning Curve for Boys – The popularity of this post (over 45 thousand pins) has seriously blown my mind to the point I have been working on one for girls. This was number 4 last week, so it has moved up to number one!
- Pinterest Faves: Yummy Pumpkin Recipes – Of course this makes the top five – perfect time of the year for pumpkins 🙂
- Review: Does the Tummy Tuck Belt Really Work? Since I started recoding this on my blog, 6 weeks ago, the tummy tuck belt review has been in the stats somewhere.
Top Five Keywords of the Week
It is always nice to know what terms you are already getting traffic for and to capitalize on those keywords to get even more traffic. This is an analysis that I typically do each month, but things can change drastically from month to month. So, doing it weekly should give me a better understanding of my traffic and my readership.
- tummy tuck belt reviews
- how to get giveaway sponsors
- pinterest Halloween crafts
- does the tummy tuck belt work
- peanut butter rice krispie treats
So excited to see that some of the other things I have been working on are finally bringing me some traffic! The tummy tuck belt has been bringing me tons of search engine traffic, but it was one post written a very long time ago. I have been trying my best to get some other words – words that actually fit my blog – into my tops. So exciting to see it actually working!
Top Five Pinterest Pins of the Week
I like to know which pins are sending me traffic, it helps to understand who is pinning my stuff so I can try to build relationships with them. It also helps me to understand what posts do best on Pinterest and it helps me to see the trend. Are the same posts being popular week after week? If so, how can I capitalize on that?
- Yummy Pumpkin Recipes – this was pinned over a year ago and is hopping again!
- Keep It Clean Tilapia
- Educational Toddler Activities – this post was actually a reader request! A read said they were homeschooling their older kids and needed some ideas to get the toddler involved.
- Brownie Smore Pie – A guest post from tribe friend, Chrissy at The Taylor House
- Easy, Saucy Chili – So weird that this is a top… it has only had 12 repins! It just happened to go to the right people, huh?
What I am doing with my top pins is to pin it to a board of mine to send it back to the top and then to follow the original pinner! This is a good way to move it up so you can get even more traffic from pins and to help to grow your following!
Top Five Referral Traffic Locations (bloggers and such)
I like to see how is sending me traffic. Now, this won’t be my top 5 across the board, but strictly other bloggers and such to see if my guest posts, ads, and linkies are paying off.
- Princess Pinky Girl – 1158, a bit down from last week (she featured one of my posts)
- Crystal and Comp – 387 visits WAY down from last week. (I link to her weekly linky)
- Online Sweepstakes – Where we promote our giveaways
- Money Saving Mom – Has a weekly drug store linky
- Bel-rea.edu – Featured me as a top dog blog
Top Five Traffic Referrals, Non-Bloggers.
This is more like pinterest, facebook, twitter, etc. To see if there is a place that I should be ramping up my efforts!
- Pinterest – 7,127
- Direct – 3,728
- Google Search (organic) – 2,104
- Yahoo Search (organic) – 228
- Bing Search (organic) – 199
It is so weird to me that I have ZERO social media places in the top five this week! Now, that could be good… it means my site is being picked up by all the major search engines!
That’s all folks! Don’t forget to tune in each Tuesday at 10 am Central over on G+ to see what blogging tips Crystal and I am discussing this week! Plus, you can:
Follow me on Pinterest!