I didn’t write about my top five referrals, keywords, posts, etc last week because I was in Dallas with Crystal and just didn’t have time. I am not going to check the past two weeks, though I technically should. Anyway, I am checking into my analytics to make my plan for next week’s posts and to be sure my efforts are paying off.
Do you check your top traffic referrals, top keywords, and top posts each week? You should make it a habit!
Top Five Posts of the Week
Looking into my analytics, I want to see what posts were the most popular. This helps me to determine if there are other posts I can interlink into these posts to increase my page views. It helps me to determine if I should be writing more about those topics, etc. Plus, it just plain lets me know what my readers are liking.
- Keep it Clean Tilapia
- Monster Cookie Dough Dip
- The Learning Curve for Boys, is it different?
- Babies are only as expensive as you make them!
- Halloween Craft Ideas: 12 Easy Projects for You and Your Little Ones
Top Five Keywords of the Week
It is always nice to know what terms you are already getting traffic for and to capitalize on those keywords to get even more traffic. Now, with Google making more and more of your search history private, we are less able to tell which terms are sending us traffic via Google Analytics. My top search is (not provided). There are two ways to work around that, #1 you can check webmaster tools or #2 instead of looking for the term, you can look for the landing page. This week, we are going to check webmaster tools.
Inside webmaster tools, go to Search Traffic —> Search Queries and organize by clicks, not impressions. You might need to click “clicks” twice to get the highest number on top. The top five “clicks” are your top 5 search terms.
- tummy tuck belt reviews
- rotel dip
- 3 boys and a dog
- advanced coloring pages
- does the tummy tuck belt work
Top Five Pinterest Pins of the Week
I like to know which pins are sending me traffic, it helps to understand who is pinning my stuff so I can try to build relationships with them. It also helps me to understand what posts do best on Pinterest and it helps me to see the trend. Are the same posts being popular week after week? If so, how can I capitalize on that?
- Brownie Smore Pie was a guest post and is currently my #1 pin sending me traffic!
- Clean Eating: Tilapia
- 5 Ways to Make Cake Mix Better
- How To: Make Babies Less Expensive
- Loaded Chicken Breasts
Top Five Referral Traffic Locations (bloggers and such)
I like to see how is sending me traffic. Now, this won’t be my top 5 across the board, but strictly other bloggers and such to see if my guest posts, ads, and linkies are paying off.
- Princess Pinky Girl – 644 visitors (way down from previous 1158)
- Crystal and Company – 561 visitors (up from previous 387)
- B-Inspired Mama – 123 visitors
- Six Sisters Stuff – 108 visitors
- Belrea.com – 51 visitors
Top Five Traffic Referrals, Non-Bloggers.
This is more like pinterest, facebook, twitter, etc. To see if there is a place that I should be ramping up my efforts!
- Pinterest – 5,977 way down from previous 7,127
- Direct – 3,251 down from previous 3,728
- Google Organic – 2,998 up from previous 2,104
- Yahoo Organic – 245 up from previous 228
- Bing Organic – 242 up from previous 199
That’s all folks! Don’t forget to tune in each Tuesday at 10 am Central over on G+ to see what blogging tips Crystal and I am discussing this week! Plus, you can:
Follow me on Pinterest!