Honestly, I am super excited about writing this post this week! Last week, I hadn’t had a full week with the site combine. This week, I have and I can’t wait to dig into my blog traffic statistics to see how things are going. I have talked about why you want to see what your top posts, top referrals, and top keywords are before, but let’s touch base on why we do it. We want to know that the posts we will be writing in the future are posts that our readers are actually reading. We want to know that the keywords that we are using are the words people are actually searching for. We want to know that what we are doing to improve the blog traffic statistics, is working! Right?
Top Five Blog Traffic Statistics on Posts
Looking into my blog traffic statistics, I want to see what posts were the most popular. For the first time in well over a month, that tummy tuck post is NOT in my top posts!
Anyway, This helps me to determine if there are other posts I can interlink into these posts to increase my page views. It helps me to determine if I should be writing more about those topics, etc.
- Monster Cookie Dough Dip – The photography on this guest post has made it one popular pin at pinterest causing an influx of traffic to it this past week. Consequently, this landed it in the top slot!
- Keep It Clean Tilapia – This was the #1 most popular post on Southern Mom Cooks and it looks like it is on its way to taking the glory of that spot here at 3 Boys and a Dog!
- How to Organize a Master To Do List – Although this is a very old post, it still makes waves around the web! Looking at it, it definitely needs some updating, some new images, etc. But, for now it is full of info to help you get your life a bit more organized.
- The Learning Curve for Boys – The popularity of this post (over 45 thousand pins) has seriously blown my mind to the point I have been working on one for girls.
- Printable Coupons – Everyone needs t save money in this day and age, so is it any wonder this one made the top 5?
Top Five Keywords of the Week
It is always nice to know what terms you are already getting traffic for and to capitalize on those keywords to get even more traffic. This is an analysis on my blog traffic statistics that I typically do each month, but things can change drastically from month to month. So, doing it weekly should give me a better understanding of my traffic and my readership.
- tummy tuck belt reviews
- rotel dip
- does the tummy tuck belt work
- sonicare coupons printable
- does the tummy tuck belt work
Top Five Pinterest Pins of the Week
I like to know which pins are sending me traffic, it helps to understand who is pinning my stuff so I can try to build relationships with them. It also helps me to understand what posts do best on Pinterest and it helps me to see the trend. Are the same posts being popular week after week? If so, how can I capitalize on that?
- Yummy Pumpkin Recipes
- How to Organize a Master to do List
- Educational Toddler Activities
- How to Make Babies Less Expensive
- Keep it Clean Tilapia
Top Five Referral Blog Traffic Statistics (bloggers and such)
I like to see how is sending me traffic. Now, this won’t be my top 5 across the board, but strictly other bloggers and such to see if my guest posts, ads, and linkies are paying off.
- Pinky Girls – this is a brand new blog and the first time they have sent me traffic. 1,297 visits
- Crystal and Company – I link to her weekly linky and have guest posted on her site 629
- Online Sweepstakes – 196
- We Are THAT Family – weekly linky 88
- Skip to My Lou – weekly linky 87
Top Five Traffic Referrals, Non-Bloggers.
This is more like pinterest, facebook, twitter, etc. To see if there is a place that I should be ramping up my efforts!
- Pinterest – 8,131
- Direct Traffic – 4,785
- Google Organic Search – 2,094
- Yahoo Organic Search – 237
- Bing Organic Search – 229
That’s all folks! Don’t forget to tune in each Tuesday at 10 am Central over on G+ to see what blogging tips Crystal and I am discussing this week! Plus, you can:
Follow me on Pinterest!