Spaghetti squash is an excellent low-carb substitute for pasta and other starches. You can even use a spiralizer to turn it into noodles! Plus, you can put spaghetti squash in soups, serve it roasted, or diced with other veggies!
But have you ever thought about turning spaghetti squash into a dessert? It’s possible! This vegetable has a nice, mild taste that allows it work in pies, puddings, and even cakes without changing the flavor! You can even use spaghetti squash as a stand-in for coconut in some recipes!
Learn how to sneak more veggies into your diet (and your kids’) with these delicious spaghetti squash dessert recipes! And for more ways to cook with this vegetable, try these other 15 spaghetti squash recipes you can make at home!
Spaghetti Squash Dessert Recipes:
1. This Spaghetti Squash and Coconut Custard Pie is one of our family’s favorite desserts! Add a dollop of whipped cream to each slice!
2. This recipe for Sweet Spaghetti Squash Noodles with Toasted Pecan Crumble looks absolutely wonderful. I can’t wait to serve this in place of sweet potato casserole!
3. Some spaghetti squash dessert recipes can be a little…not good to look at. But this Spaghetti Squash Cake with Orange Cream Cheese Glaze is gorgeous!
4. Cook up this Sweet Spaghetti Squash Kugel with Apples and Raisins and serve it at the family table for a sweet treat!
5. Love funnel cake? (It’s my favorite fall fair treat.) Make a healthier version with this recipe for Spaghetti Squash Funnel Cake!
6. Swap out coconut for spaghetti squash in this Mock Coconut Pie recipe!
7. This Spaghetti Squash Kheer is a creamy, dreamy Indian dessert the family will love!
8. This Sweet Stuffed Spaghetti Squash would be a wonderful fall dessert. It makes use of other fruits that kids love too!
9. Following a paleo diet? These Paleo Spaghetti Squash Apple Fritters are low-carb and still yummy!
10. Use squash to make baked goods with this lightly sweetened Cinnamon Spice Spaghetti Squash Cake!
11. This beautiful Roasted Apple-Stuffed Spaghetti Squash would be perfect to serve during the harvest season!
12. My family just loves this Cinnamon Spaghetti Squash! It’s so simple to make!
13. You can serve this creamy Sweet Rice Pudding with Squash hot or warm. It’d be wonderful with graham cracker crumbs on top!
Spaghetti Squash Dessert Recipes and Resources:
These affiliate Amazon resources are just what you need to cook up your own spaghetti squash dessert recipes!
- Baker’s Advantage Ceramic Deep Pie Dish, 9 1/2 Inch
- Low Carb Spaghetti Squash Cookbook
- Spiral Slicer Spiralizer Complete Bundle – Vegetable Spiralizer and Cutter