I live in Kansas, so I really like being prepared in case of a storm or the electricity going out! Bring on the Stove in a Can!
About Stove in a Can (from their website)
Ideal for Emergencies
STOVE IN A CAN is perfect for emergency preparedness, outdoor recreation, and many other applications. Virtually anything that can be cooked on a regular stove can be cooked on STOVE IN A CAN.
- Superior Performance: Boils water in 5 minutes and cooks for 4 to 5 hours
- Safe: Uses a non-explosive fuel source that is waterproof and can be stored indefinitely
- Complete and Easy to Use: Includes stove, fuel, cooking platform, and waterproof matches
STOVE IN A CAN provides a campfire-like experience whether in the mountains or in your own backyard.
Finally a simpler, safer, more affordable, and more convenient solution for cooking and heating outdoors.
- Affordable Under $30 for complete stove and fuel
- Convenient: Compact, lightweight, ready to cook in 1 minute
- Durable: Can hold over 300lbs
- Contained: Use where other fires are not permitted
- Environmentally Friendly: Uses recycled materials and leaves no traceSTOVE IN A CAN is Great For Tailgating
- No hassle of hauling the backyard grill to the game
- Open flame, so you can roast hotdogs and marshmallows just like a real campfire
- Small and fully contained, so safety concerns are mitigated
I think this is super cool! My mother-in-law had passed us her kids 72-hour kits when they all moved out and they had the little homemade “stoves” that would last hardly any time and probably not cook anything. Adding one of these Stove in a cans to our family kit is the way to go! She thinks it’s pretty cool too, so she is updating her emergency kits with them! It’s great for emergencies (especially when there’s no electricity)! I know my kids think it’s pretty cool! It’s HUGE!!! It would be able to hold a big pot (for bigger families like mine), so now I can feel safe putting family-size cans in my emergency kit! I know I’ll be able to cook all of our food at once, and actually be able to cook it! Woohoo! It’s also great for having last minute s’mores, without having to make a firepit. They do need to be used outside, to be safe, but they are awesome! It even comes with 4 fuel cells, so you have at least a day of cooking in this container! Nice! This picture is so you can really see how big it is. That’s a normal can of soup! Isn’t that awesome?
You can buy one for $29.99 or 4 for $109.99 at their website. If you want to buy more, you can too!
One very lucky 3 Boys and A Dog Reader is going to win a Stove in a Can (ARV: $29.99)!
REQUIRED COMMENT: Visit Stove in a Can and tell me what you would cook with your family.
Other bonus entries:
- #1. Spread the word about this review by: email, forums, blogging, Digg, or putting the link in a meme. (one entry per thing done)
- #2. Sign up for my NEW Weekly Newsletter.
- #3. Subscribe to my RSS feed.
- #4. Put my button on your blog.
- #5. Leave a comment on any other post (excluding giveaways!) Be sure to leave a comment here saying which post.
- #6 – Vote for me at Picket Fence by clicking the button on my sidebar. Be sure to leave a comment saying you did! YOU MAY VOTE ONCE DAILY!
CONTEST ENDS: at Midnight CST on October 20th
OPEN TO: USA
*Disclosure: I was provided a Stove in a Can by them and my opinions are my very own and can’t be bought!*