I am on my feet all day as a student teacher, and moving around a ton, so I was excited to try this one out!
About Certain-Dri (from their website)
“Antiperspirants are the choice for controlling wetness, since the most common active ingredients, aluminum compounds, block the pores to inhibit the release of sweat and help absorb odor-causing moisture. However, for people have been diagnosed with axillary hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating of the underarms) or who feel that they suffer from excessive perspiration on a regular basis or occasionally, due to stress, occupation, etc., there is:
Certain Dri Anti-Perspirant Roll-On:
- This doctor-recommended, non-prescription product is applied several times a week at bedtime.
- According to an independent survey, a majority of dermatologists prefer the Certain Dri® formula for treating hyperhidrosis or excessive perspiration, over the formula in all the other anti-perspirants combined.
- Certain Dri® is colorless, fragrance free and has been categorized as safe and effective in the ongoing review of non-prescription drugs by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
- Because of its therapeutic ingredient, Certain Dri® is used differently from all other anti-perspirants.
- It is applied sparingly at bedtime, and it will not wash off after bathing/showering.
- In many cases, the user will discover that it will not be necessary to apply Certain Dri® every night to control the problem.
Certain Dri Anti-Perspirant is available with 12 percent aluminum chloride, the active ingredient used in prescription anti-perspirants. Because Certain Dri® is water-based (vs. alcohol-based like its prescription competitors), it is available without a doctor’s prescription.
If you prefer a solid application there is New! Certain Dri® Solid Anti-Perspirant
- Created specifically to complete the line of Certain Dri antiperspirant products for those who want the same 72-hour protection from excessive underarm perspiration in a solid application.
- The product is specially-formulated to provide everyday, all-day dryness for those who suffer from excessive underarm perspiration.
- Certain Dri® Solid Anti-Perspirant contains 25% aluminum sesquichlorohydrate (Anhydrous). It is the only over-the-counter antiperspirant with this ingredient, which is more effective than the aluminum zirconium formula found in over-the-counter solid antiperspirants that are labeled “clinical strength.”For added odor protection look for new Certain Dri A.M.™ Underarm Refresher.
- New Certain Dri A.M. Underarm Refresher was created for Certain Dri Anti-Perspirant users as a daily supplemental product for added protection against odor.
- Used with original unscented Certain Dri, which is an antiperspirant (stops wetness), the two products make up the “Certain Dri Protection SystemTM.
- Certain Dri A.M. Underarm Refresher is specially-formulated to provide every day, all day freshness for those who suffer from excessive underarm perspiration.
- A “Morning Fresh delivers additional all day deodorant (odor) protection when applied to the underarms each morning after showering/bathing.
- Continue to use Certain Dri Anti-Perspirant at night before going to bed to control excessive perspiration, and use Certain Dri A.M. Underarm Refresher every day after showering/bathing.”
I thought this was great! I tried out the roll-on and had to work hard to remember to put it on at bedtime (so if that would be hard for you too, go Certain-Dri AM). There was no smell (great for those with allergies), and it worked fantastic! I really felt like it was working awesome! I’m excited to keep using it, especially since it works so long! As a super busy mom, there’s a chance I might forget to put on deodorant, so I’d already be okay!
Both Certain Dri Anti-Perspirant and Certain Dri A.M. Underarm Refresher are available in mass-market retail, supermarkets and drug stores nationwide. Each product is sold separately for the suggested retail price of $5.95. You can also buy them online here.