This Mexican Chicken Chili Recipe is super easy. It’s loaded with kidney beans, diced tomatoes, and a ton of great flavor. One of my favorite Chili recipes.
Top with some extra chili powder and green chilis to give it a spicier taste and you’ll love that you can alter the spice and heat of your very own bowl.
Have fun making up this super simple chili recipe. You can easily alter this for your Instant Pot or slow cooker/crock pot as well.
If you’re on the Weight Watchers diet, it’s important to find recipes that allow you to stay on that healthy lifestyle choice. The great part about this simple soup is that it doesn’t add a ton of points or calories to your day.
This simple chili recipe is one of my favorites to make during the cooler months of the year.
Mexican Chicken Chili Recipe
Since you’re making this is on the stove, you’re going to find that you’re adding the ingredients to a pot and letting it cook for over an hour. It’s not a hard process to follow and you’ll be able to find the step by step directions on the printable recipe card below.
Even though this chili recipe is geared to be weight watchers friendly, my boys love to gobble it up every time I make it. The chunks of chicken are hearty and the rest of the ingredients add a wonderful flavor and taste as well.
How many WW freestyle points are in this recipe?
Using the WW recipe builder and calculator online, it was calculated that one serving of this soup would result in 5 SmartPoints for the day. For this recipe, one serving is about 1 1/2 cups of chili.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the White Chicken Chili Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for
Shop My Kitchen:
The following farm decor can be found on Etsy. Simply click the image that interests you – yes, they do contain affiliate links.
Must Have Resources:
When making WW chicken chili at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Make it a Meal:
Stop fretting over the thought of meal planning. It’s way easier than you’re making it be in your mind! Once you get the hang of meal planning you’re going to find that it’s a total time saver as well. It’s a huge hit in my family!
Vegetable Side: Simple Carrot Salad
Starch Side: Bacon Baked Beans
Refreshing Drink: Delicious Peppermint Mocktail for Kids
Don’t forget Dessert: Easy Peppermint Bark Cupcakes Recipe
Best Chicken Recipes:
Once you make this Weight Watchers Mexican Chili Recipe, it’s going to be on to find the very next chicken recipe that you’re going to want to make, too. Luckily cooking with chicken opens the door for so many fun changes and opportunities. Here are some of my other favorite chicken dishes to whip up.
Yummy Ground Chicken Recipes are great to have on hand because they’re fast and easy to make.
During the summer months, we make a lot of Chicken Kabobs!
Another super simple recipe is this Crockpot BBQ Chicken recipe.
Freezer meals are the best. These Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas are the best.
Just wait until you try this Crockpot Candy Chicken.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Cheese is a hearty and delicious meal.
Love your air fryer? Check out this awesome Air Fryer Chicken Breast recipes!
What toppings go best with chili?
It’s really up to what you want to put on top but some of my favorite toppings for chili are:
- Shredded Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Diced Jalapeños
- Green Chiles
More Chili Recipes:
- Velveeta RoTel Chili Cheese Dip
- Low Carb Vegetarian Chili Recipe
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Chili Recipe
- 6 bone-in skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 onions, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes in puree
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle beer or 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (15-ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Combine the chicken and enough water to cover in a large, heavy pot and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat, cover the pot, and simmer gently until the chicken is cooked through, about 12 minutes.
- Drain the chicken, reserving the cooking liquid.
- Cool the chicken, remove and discard the bones, and coarsely shred the meat.
- Meanwhile, place the same pot over medium-high heat and add the oil.
- Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in the chili powder, cumin, brown sugar, cocoa powder, oregano, and coriander and cook until the spices are fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, beer, salt, and 3 1/2 cups of the reserved cooking liquid.
- Bring to a simmer; reduce the heat to medium low, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, 1 hour.
- Add the beans. Simmer, uncovered, until the chili thickens, about 30 minutes.
- Add the shredded chicken and simmer until heated through.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 291Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 77mgSodium: 656mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 5gSugar: 6gProtein: 33g
When are you going to make this weight watchers chicken chili recipe?