Improve your children’s reading level and Memorial Day knowledge with these fun Memorial Day Books for Kids!
Memorial Day Books for Kids:
Paperback, library, Kindle – these Memorial Day Books for Kids can all be found on Amazon.
1. Following the well-known and much-loved Rookie Books format, these fun and informative books introduce early elementary-school children to the basic facts about major holidays. Each book explains the development of the holiday and how it is celebrated today, and includes holiday games, traditions, crafts, and foods.
2. Many men and women have died fighting for our country. They gave their lives to keep us free. Lets celebrate them on Memorial Day.
3. A simple introduction to why and how we celebrate Memorial Day. Color photographs reflect the short, easy-to-understand sentences that improve vocabulary and comprehension.
4. It’s Memorial Day and Marco and Mama are going to see the parade. On their way, they pass Marco’s grandfather’s house. They usually stop to see Grandfather, but today Mama is in a rush because she has promised Marco a surprise. Marco can’t imagine what the surprise might be. Could it be the marching band? The fire engines? The candy tossed to the crowd by a woman dressed as the Statue of Liberty? Mama promises that it will be a better surprise than candy. As the parade goes by, Marco wishes his grandfather were with him to enjoy it. Then, marching down the street, come the veterans, wearing uniforms and shiny medals. But look! Who is that leading them? Marco never imagined the kind of surprise in store for him.
5. This book introduces readers to what it means to celebrate Memorial Day, and shows them why this holiday is special.
6. When American soldiers entered World War I, Moina Belle Michael, a schoolteacher from Georgia, knew she had to act. Some of the soldiers were her students and friends. Almost single-handedly, Moina worked to establish the red poppy as the symbol to honor and remember soldiers. And she devoted the rest of her life to making sure the symbol would last forever. Thanks to her hard work, that symbol remains strong today. Author Barbara Elizabeth Walsh and artist Layne Johnson worked with experts, primary documents, and Moina’s great-nieces to better understand Moina’s determination to honor the war veterans.
A portion of the book’s proceeds will support the National Military Family Association’s Operation Purple®, which benefits children of the U.S. military.
7. Memorial Day (Holidays, Festivals, & Celebrations)
8. Completely redesigned for today’s young investigative reader, A True Book is an indispensable addition to any collection. Each book guides readers through the facts that nurture their need to know.
9. Memorial Day (Character Building Books)
10. This colorful series supports a key topic in the early social studies curriculum–our country’s holidays. Using lively, full-color photographs and easy-to-read text, each title explores a different holiday and explains why it is significant. Beginning readers will also learn how the holidays they celebrate in their families and communities are observed across the nation.
11. Explains how and why Memorial Day came to be celebrated as a national holiday in the United States.
12. Discusses the history and customs associated with the Memorial Day holiday.
13. Provides instructions for creating a variety of crafts with patriotic themes, including a firecracker lapel pin, flag mosaic, American eagle magnet, fireworks trinket box, Liberty Bell favors, and more.
14. While the name may have changed from Decoration Day, the sentiment behind this national holiday is still the same, to decorate the graves of all fallen soldiers. Readers learn about the history of this commemoration, and how it is celebrated across the United States. From parades to somber hymns, the spirit of bravely serving one’s country is accessibly presented here.
15. Discover the history and traditions of Memorial Day with your children.
Children ages 6 to 10 will love this easy-to-read children’s book and the colorful pictures.
16. A girl’s class prepares for Memorial Day by learning about the holiday from their teacher and making flags, and later she goes to a war memorial with her father to honor those who died.
17. Children are taught to respect the symbols of America from their first day of school. Memorial Day provides teachers an easy-to-read picture book explaining the creation, history, and meaning of the holiday that honors our nation’s soldiers.
18. Supersleuth Trixie Belden searches for an arsonist after a fire destroys a local store and a warehouse during the annual Memorial Day parade.
19. A young boy and his father visit the Vietnam Veterans Memorial.
20. A wonderful and fun coloring book for kids to celebrate the Memorial Day Holiday. A nice coloring book for kids to cherish the remembrance of those who served and the purpose of Memorial Day.
Find More Memorial Day projects, educational activities, and recipes here!