Make Your Own Bubble Solution
Dawn Ultra or Joy Ultra – 1 part
Water – (Distilled Water Works Best) – 15 parts
White Karo Syrup – .25 Parts
Make Your Own Sidewalk Chalk
1 cup plaster of Paris
1 cup water
Powdered tempera paint
Mold for chalk (small paper cups, ice cube trays, tissue rolls, etc.)
Mixing bowl and spoon
1. In a large bowl, mix the water and plaster of Paris together.
2. Add the powdered tempera paint to the mixture.
3. Once the paint has been mixed in well, set it aside for a few minutes.
4. Pour the mixture into the mold and let it dry. This can take anywhere from several hours to a day (or maybe longer), depending on the size of the mold. Remember: The bigger the mold, the longer it will take to dry.
5. Once the mold is dry, remove the chalk. If the chalk is still moist, let it air dry for another 24 hours.
Make Your Own Sidewalk Paint
Small bowls or containers
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup cold water
1. Place cornstarch in a small bowl or container. Clean margarine tubs work well as they can be covered.
2. Stir in cold water until cornstarch dissolves. The cornstarch thickens the sidewalk paint so that it sticks to the concrete surface that is being painted.
3. Add food coloring of choice. Start with 3 to 4 drops and increase the amount until you have the color you want.
4. Repeat the above steps to make different colors of sidewalk paint.
5. Use separate paintbrushes for each color of sidewalk paint you have made and let the little artists have a blast painting any concrete in sight.
6. Spray off sidewalk paint with a hose. The cornstarch in the paint makes it easy to wash off and is biodegradable.
Make Your Own Play Dough
1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
1/2 cup water
Mix well until it forms a ball. Knead add food coloring if desired. If sticky add some flour and if to dry add a small amount of water.
Technorati Tags: Make,Summer,Bubble,Solution,Dawn,Ultra,Water,Works,Best,White,Karo,Syrup,Sidewalk,Chalk,Materials,Paris,Mold,paper,cups,tissue,bowl,Instructions,mixture,Once,Pour,size,Remember,Paint,Small,bowls,Food,Paintbrushes,Hose,Place,container,Clean,margarine,Stir,sticks,Start,Repeat,steps,Spray,Play,Dough,ball,Knead,Recipes,artists,tempera,hours,longer,cornstarch,flour