How do you impress your guests when you’ve invited them over for dinner? This Lobster RoTel Cheese Dip will not only impress your guests but will also give you the time to spend with them. It’s so easy to put together that you’ll be able to enjoy your company.
Not only will you enjoy how simple this recipe is, but it’s absolutely delicious. My boys are obsessed with the gooey goodness of the Velveeta cheese and the mixture of the lobster and RoTel. It’s heavenly. I like serving this easy rotel recipe with tortilla chips but you can also use corn chips or bread, all depending on your preference.
You don’t have to host a fancy dinner party to enjoy this Lobster RoTel Cheese Dip. You can make it for your family or put together a batch to treat yourself to an afternoon snack. Ssshhh, we won’t tell if you don’t share! It’s THAT good.
My kids are absolutely obsessed with this recipe, so I think the only way my husband will actually get some is to make a secret stash. Luckily this recipe makes a large batch, so you should have enough. I don’t know if I’d take the chance though.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
You can add salt and pepper if you want, but the RoTel is usually enough seasoning!
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Lobster Cheese Dip Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for.
Must Have Resources:
When making this RoTel dip at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Microwave safe bowl
Best Dip Recipes:
Once you make this Recipe, you are going to be trying to figure out other delicious dips recipes!
More RoTel Recipes: (ingredient)
- 6 oz Water
- 2 (5 oz) Lobster tails
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
Prepare the Lobster
- Bring 6 ounces of water to boil in a pot. Once boiling, add salt.
- Turn heat down to simmering and add Lobster tails. Allow them to simmer for approximately 5 minutes (1 minute per ounce of the largest tail).
- Drain the water and allow the tails to cool for a minute or two in a strainer or colander.
- Using scissors, cut the tails lengthwise, spread the shells with your fingers and remove all the meat.
- Crumble and/or shred the lobster tail meat.
Prepare the Dip:
- Cube Velveeta into large microwavable bowl.
- Add RoTel
- Microwave on high, stirring every 30-60 seconds until all the cheese is melted. Be very careful that you don't burn it.
- Add in the prepared lobster, stir well.
- Serve with Tortilla chips.
- I like to liquefy the RoTel in my food processor before adding it to the Velveeta, but it isn't necessary.
- If you run a wooden skewer through the lobster tails before boiling them, they will stay straight and be easier to get meat from.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 265 Total Fat: 17g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 80mg Sodium: 1584mg Carbohydrates: 9g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 6g Protein: 18g