If you have a home, laundry is probably the bane of your existence. I get it, trust me, there are SIX people in my house and 5 of the six do sports in some form or another. That means MULTIPLE outfits used per day. Plus, 3 of the six are teens – they stink. Oh, they stink. LOL! So, laundry gets done every day in my home – every single day. Each day, over an hour of my time is spent in the laundry room. Many days, more time than that. Shouldn’t it be a place that makes me happy? This place that I spend 7-10 hours in per week should not stress me out! So, here are my tips for How To Redo Your Laundry Room!
How to Redo Your Laundry Room:
It doesn’t matter how big or small your laundry room is, breathing a bit of fresh life into it will make your job so much easier!
- Clean it up – Take the time to get the laundry room totally cleaned out. We don’t really have a big problem in Miller Manor, but in my old house we had a very large laundry room. Consequently, it was a catch-all room.
- Choose a color – I wanted my new laundry room to be bright and fun. So, I painted it white and chose some cute laundry themed pictures in muted colors (as seen in the picture above).
- Spend the money – There is no getting around it… unless we live in a nudist colony, laundry is something that ALWAYS has to be done. Why constantly fight with equipment that doesn’t perform? Save your pennies to get a duo that works! Personally, I recommend the Cabrio® High-Efficiency Top Load Washer with Active Spray technology and Cabrio® High-Efficiency Electric Steam Dryer. I have no clue how I lived without them!
- Make it functional – We added a few small shelves and are in the process of adding some hooks. The shelves keep my dryer top clear and the hooks will allow us to hang clothes straight out of the dryer.
- Protect your body – Since we spend tons of time standing in front of our washers and dryers, we need a good rug to stand on. I suggest a memory foam rug.
I am STILL in love with my new washer and dryer and will be bringing you even more information about them over the next few months. Meanwhile, be sure to:
- Visit Whirlpool Online
- Follow Whirlpool on Twitter
- Like Whirlpool on Facebook
- Follow Whirlpool on Pinterest
- Check out my Life Changing Laundry Hack