I wanted to offer you some How the Grinch Stole Christmas Printables for little kids, in celebration of the re-release of the movie How the Grinch Stole Christmas! This classic Christmas movie is perfect for families of all ages.
As moms, we want our kids to understand that Christmas isn’t all about getting more and more stuff.
It’s about the heartfelt love that we should all have for each other. In addition to a fun movie night, I have included a few fun Grinch Recipes and Activities for kids below to help you turn this set of Grinch printables into an entire unit study for all ages.
For kids, seeing the transformation of the Grinch helps them to see that Christmas is about loving others. And, they’ll learn that even little kids can have a big impact on the lives and attitudes of others.
As they watch Cindy Lou Who show loving kindness to the one person in Who-ville that everyone shuns they’ll learn the true meaning of Christmas.
“Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn’t before! What if Christmas, he thought, doesn’t come from a store. What if Christmas…perhaps…means a little bit more!”
― Dr. Seuss, How the Grinch Stole Christmas!
How the Grinch Stole Christmas Printables
I think it’s a good idea to read the Grinch Christmas book before watching the movie. Reading helps kids imagine. And they’ll be able to develop their own ideas about the Grinch, Cindy Lou, and all the Who’s of Who-ville.
These How the Grinch Stole Christmas Printables are great for little hands. They reinforce the story-line while kids also learn through:
- Hands-on puzzles
- Matching shadow Grinch to the correct pictures
- Putting together a simple 4 piece puzzle
- Counting by twos
- Labeling the Grinch and so much more
But, as they work with the Grinch printables you can also talk to your kids about heart matters. As kids use the simple manipulative cut-outs and matching pages remind them of how the Grinch treated everyone in the beginning.
Some conversation starters for The Grinch:
- Ask the kids questions about why the Grinch might have acted mean
- Discuss what it’s like to be around someone who is always grumpy and causing problems for others
- Ask what exactly it was that made the Grinch’s heart swell
- Talk about why Max loved the Grinch despite his being mean all the time
The Story of The Grinch Helps Kids to See the Importance of Kindness
I’ve found that kids can be super insightful when it comes to relationships. Sometimes they see things that we as adults don’t even notice because they have such pure hearts.
That’s exactly what Cindy Lou did. She saw past the Grinch’s rude demeanor into his tiny heart.
But, because she showed him a measure of kindness she helped his heart to grow three sizes!
After reading the book, watch the movie as a family. It will put everyone in the Christmas spirit.
And, you’ll help your kids to see that Christmas isn’t just about getting presents. It’s about loving others with a heart that’s three sizes bigger!
Grinch Unit Study Activities for Kids:
Personally, I like to make an entire day out of movie night at our house. We like to do an entire Unit Study even if it is just for one of our favorite Christmas movies.
So, make sure you plan an entire Grinch Day at your house to not only enjoy whichever version of the Grinch movie you prefer, but also to encourage kindness and acceptance in your children.
You can spend some time on Grinch activities like these:
- Older kids can be involved in the learning, too! Keep them busy with a fun math activity like the Grinch word problems below. Plus, it is a video and we all know how much kids today love videos.
- This persuasive writing project should definitely be added to your How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr Seuss lesson plans! Primary Graffiti’s Grinch writing assignment is for your kids to persuade the Grumpy Grinch to Grin. I just love encouraging students to write persuasive creative writing assignments such as this.
- I am absolutely in love with the Grinch Craft ideas from Ruffles and Rain Boots, but my favorite (and the one that is the easiest for kids) is the adorable DIY Grinch Ornament Set. Aren’t those the cutest!? They make me want to create a Grinch or Who-ville tree for my house. OMG! Now, I REALLY want a Grinch themed Christmas tree!!
- For more fun, you can incorporate one of these (or all of these) amazing Grinch crafts for kids–there’s so much fun to be had, you can seriously spend hours making the whole house Grinchified.
Grumpy Green Grinch Recipes:
Whether you are having a favorite Christmas movie night or a Christmas party, make sure that you enjoy a little Who-ville deliciousness like these Grinch recipes:
- Even if you don’t make an entire day of it, but instead just have a Grinch movie night, you can make this fun and delicious Grinch Popcorn recipe from Cooking with Curls. You and your children will love this green, sweet, Grinch popcorn treat! The best part is that no food coloring was involved in the making of this sweet snack.
- It doesn’t always have to be sweet treats! This delicious Grinch Smoothie Recipe, over at Rain Day Mum, is full of super foods like kiwi and kale.
- Check out these awesome 20+ Grinch recipes that I pulled together from all over, because being green is so funtastic.