Last month, the post telling you where my hits to website traffic is coming from went well. I have been working very hard behind the scenes to grow my blog traffic and it seems to be working!
Crystal (Crystal and Company) and I will be starting a Google+ Live Hang Out chat on Tuesday mornings where we will discuss what we do and what works for us. We will be giving the listeners 1-3 tasks to be doing on their blogs to improve!
Crystal and I have done tons of trial and error in our years of blogging (close to 6 for me) and continue to perform tests on our traffic on a regular basis. So, take about 25 minutes out of your schedule this coming Tuesday (10 am Central) and join us as we discuss growing our Twitter accounts and using them to send us traffic!
Thanks a million to my TOP Five blog referrals!
I received referral visits from 381 sources during last month! This is up from the 324 last month so we are in the right place!
1. Crystal and Company sent me 610 – I like to her weekly linky and occasionally guest post here. Crystal is part of my Tribe – this is why you need a tribe. We will be covering this topic in one of our weekly chats and discussing exactly what it is we do for each other and what that has done for our traffic.
2. Belrea.edu sent me 256 – I made the Top 25 dog bloggers list quite some time ago and am still getting really good traffic from them.
3. Contest Girl sent me 124 – I link up some of my giveaways here. I am not real good about doing it all the time, but I do it at least a few times a month. I would love to hire someone to link my giveaways up on a regular basis but not sure how to handle it.
4. We Are THAT Family sent me 90 visits – I link to the Works for Me Wednesday linky. This place used to send me 3-400 visits a month but it has gone down dramatically. Not sure if that is me or them.
5. CSoppkeblog.hu sent me 74 visits – Someone grabbed one of my costume posts and linked it to a roundup. This site isn’t in English so I am not sure what it says, but I am super happy to get the traffic!
I also want to note that:
- Pinterest sent me 6,920 (up from 1,255 the month before) – I am pretty sure this is due to the fact that I started the homemakers handbook series over here.
- Twitter sent me 395 (up from 143)
- FaceBook sent me 242 (up from 109)
- Stumble Upon 67 (oops this went down, but I am working on it and hope to see it go up again)
- Google sent me 224 (this is also down. Was 259 last month – but, I know what to do and will be concentrating on it this month)
Want to find out where others are getting their hits to website?
- Crystal and Company shares how she is getting traffic each month, too!
- Southern Mom Cooks talks about how she is getting more traffic to that site so quickly!
- Deals_3BD talks about where her website visitors are coming from
- You can also go here for past hits to website traffic referrals on this site all list their top traffic referrals for the previous month!
If you want to play along, please leave a direct link to your top five referrals post in the comments section.
Here’s how it works:
- Go into your tracking service (I use Google Analytics) and set the time period for the previous 30 days.
- Find the sites that have referred readers to you and put them in order from most sends to lowest. (I only do blogs and small businesses, not big sites!)
- Write a post (like this one) listing your top 5 referrers.