For my birthday, my husband and I had great plans to go out to eat and to the movies. Then, I got the great opportunity to rent a movie! So, we went out to eat and then came home to enjoy the rest of our date. So much cheaper and we could pause the movie whenever we wanted!
So, you want to go on my date with me? Here we go!
First, I set up sitters for the boys for the entire night. Then, I got busy doing a facial mask, shaving, straightening my hair, etc! While in the middle of that, I went to Redbox Online to reserve Glee the Movie! I have reserved movie online before and must say it is the easiest way to go.
- #1 – We don’t have to drag all the kids to the super busy Redbook and spend an hour listening to them fight over what movie we are going to rent. We can do the fighting at home and then the loser gets to go with Daddy to pick up the movie.
- #2 – Most of the time, I can get a movie online with a reservation that I can’t get at the Redbox in person!
- #3 – It takes much less time in line!
With that said, I do have a major gripe. While reserving a movie online is like $.20 cents cheaper, you can’t use special codes! Seriously, how hard would it be to add in the enter code here button of the online rental process?I have Totino’s codes, Coke rewards codes, a code for my birthday and I have a hard time using them because anything we want to see is not in stock unless we rent it online!! Frustrating to say the least.
For more information on Redbox, be sure to:
- Then, we grabbed our Ruby Tuesday gift card that we got as a Christmas present and headed out to drop kids along the way. Since our local Walgreen’s was on the way, we went ahead and collected our movie. Next Stop: Ruby Tuesdays! Ok, let me just say… the endless salad and biscuits at Ruby Tuesday are to die for! No, seriously. The biscuits are so stinking yummy that I am going to try to recreate them, so look for that recipe soon! See, how good they look?Next, we headed to Walmart to pick up some yummy ConAgra snacks for our movie night. Wow, I don’t think I have ever spent so much time in a Wal-Mart just to buy a couple things. I am not going to get too much into it, but I didn’t have a ton of luck! If you click the top picture, you will be taken t my Google+ photo album where you can see my entire trip and why it was frustrating. Why? Because they had almost nothing that I was looking for. The shelves were a mess and fairly empty! Then, my battery died, so the picture that I took of my shopping cart didn’t come out.
- But, the only things I got were:
- 2 cans of Rotel
- 1 SnackPack of Sugar Free Pudding
- 1 Box of Act II Butter Lovers
- and 1 $15.00 iTunes gift card!
- Why so little? Because they were out of everything! Look at the empty space in this aisle! Many of the aisles were like this!
Then, we headed home and settled down with our snacks to watch Glee the Movie!
It was not what I expected. I am too stupid to realize that it was a concert. LOL! Yeah, I call myself a Gleek, but obviously I am not nearly as “in the know” as I thought I was. How did I miss the 3D Glee Concert Movie when it came to the Theaters? Where was I??
My husband actually likes Glee, but being the jock that he is, he pretends he doesn’t. LOL! So, when I said we had to rent it for my review, he said, “You HAD to rent Glee?? Isn’t that convenient?” Tee hee!
Anyway, I loved it, of course! My favorite part of the entire movie was when Artie got up and danced!
Who is your favorite character? I like them all, but I think after last week’s show right now Becky is my favorite!
DISCLAIMER: This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias.