I am very picky about what my children watch when they are sitting in front of the TV, I tend to like shows that are very sweet and gentle because I want to keep them young as much and as long as possible. We love the sweetness and innocence of Babar and it’s little moralistic stories. I was even able to talk to them about one of the episodes and a bad decision Babar makes when he is trying to please everyone and creates chaos instead. It was a great opportunity for them to analyze the situation and for me to prompt them to think this through and wonder what other options would have been better choices. Then I asked them to think about a situation which they could relate to Babar and each of the older two children were able to share an example. I really love this classic series for our home and I am happy to make the addition to our family’s DVD collection. They are really a perfect fit for this age group!
I remember Babar being aired when I was younger but I was very impressed with the quality of these remastered episodes. If you have never heard of Babar and would like to see how sweet this little show is, you can visit YouTube and see Babar Season One Intro. My children are ages two to seven and they all loved watching the episodes on this First Season DVD.
Season One consists of thirteen digitally restored and remastered episodes as follows:
(1) Babar’s First Step, (2) City Ways, (3) Babar Returns, (4) The City Of Elephants, (5) Babar’s Triumph, (6) Babar’s Choice, (7) Race to the Moon, (8) No Place Like Home, (9) An Elephant’s Best Friend, (10) The Show Must Go On, (11) To Duet or Not to Duet, (12) The Missing Crown Affair, and (13) The Phantom.
You can buy the classic series on Amazon for $14.99!
Win it! One lucky reader will win a copy of the First Season of Babar!
REQUIRED: Visit the Babar Facebook page and tell me something you liked about the video preview.
BONUS #1: Follow @momof3boys3702 on Twitter and RT this contest. The easiest way to retweet is to simply click the green ReTweet on the top right of this post. YOU MAY TWEET ONCE DAILY
Other bonus entries:
- #1. Spread the word about this review by: email, forums, blogging, Digg, or putting the link in a meme. (one entry per thing done)
- #2. Sign up for my NEW Weekly Newsletter.
- #3. Subscribe to my RSS feed.
- #4. Put my button on your blog.
- #5. Leave a comment on any other post (excluding giveaways!) Be sure to leave a comment here saying which post.
- #6 – Vote for me at Picket Fence by clicking the button on my sidebar. Be sure to leave a comment saying you did! YOU MAY VOTE ONCE DAILY!
CONTEST ENDS: at Midnight CST on August 14th
OPEN TO: USA
*DISCLAIMER: I received a copy of this product for free from Entertainment One to help facilitate my review. Any opinions stated are strictly my own and the gift received does not weigh in on my honest review of this product.*