CollageIt for Mac is a really great, easy to use photo collage maker program for automatically creating collages of your favorite photos on the Mac. Pearl Mountain also software for the PC but for this review and giveaway I will be focusing on the Mac version of CollageIt.
- Supported OS: Mac OS X 10.5 or above operating system, fully compatible with Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion).
- RAM: At least 512M physical RAM
- Processor: 1G Hz or above Intel processor
Some of the key Features of the program are:
- Automatic and easy to use, drag and drop.
- Include up to 200 photos per collage.
- Supports large scale collages.
- 4 collage styles including Mosaic, Grid, Center and Pile.
- Includes 30+ templates in total.
- The templates cover almost all kinds of collage styles, letting the user select a style and add their photos.
- Customize the page size and collage background to suit your needs.
- Easily customize the collage layout with variable parameters like photo count, photo space, page margin, rotation and sparse.
- Photo border and shadow added for decoration.
- Crop photo is available so that the photos in the collage can fit well into the chosen collage space.
- Various collage layouts can be continuously generated by using the Random Layout function
- Save the collages as JPEG, PNG., PDF, PSD etc images formats and print it out.
- Send it to family members and friends via Email.
- Easily set your photo collage as your desktop wallpaper.
- Share the beautiful collages on Flickr and Facebook.
I found this photo collage maker to be very easy to use. I created a few simple collages of my kids and I am very happy with the results. The collages are really easy to customize for size and number of photos. What I really liked was that I could try a few different layout options “on the fly” without having to save my work as I went. And I could add or remove photos at anytime if they didn’t fit the layout. The program also has the ability to change the background with preloaded patterned backgrounds or you can just go with a solid color. You can add borders to your photos in your color of choice as well as adjust the thickness. If you aren’t good at laying out your photos on your own or if there are simply too many, you can hit the shuffle button and the photos automatically rearrange for you until you find the look you want. Definitely a handy program to have on your computer. One great use for this would be sharing a lot of photos on Facebook especially if the photos are just scenery pictures like the collage I made of our trip to Vegas a few years ago.
You can purchase and download the application for $19.90.
Fifteen of our very lucky readers can win their very own copy of CollageIt for Mac!
REQUIRED COMMENT: Go to the website and come back here and tell me which collage layout is your favorite.
BONUS #1: Follow @momof3boys3702 on Twitter and RT this contest. The easiest way to retweet is to simply click the green ReTweet on the top right of this post. YOU MAY TWEET ONCE DAILY!
BONUS #2: Like 3 Boys and a Dog and Pearl Mountain on Facebook, then share this post by clicking the Facebook share button at the bottom of this post. (You really want to follow them on Facebook, because they let you know when there are sales!)
Other bonus entries:
#1. Spread the word about this review by: email, forums, blogging, Digg, or putting the link in a meme. (one entry per thing done)
#2. Follow my blog.
#3. Subscribe to my RSS feed.
#4. Put my button on your blog.
#5. Leave a comment on any other post (excluding giveaways!) Be sure to leave a comment here saying which post.
#6 – Vote for me at Picket Fence by clicking the button on my sidebar. Be sure to leave a comment saying you did! YOU MAY VOTE ONCE DAILY!
CONTEST ENDS: at Midnight CST on April 26th, 2012
OPEN TO: Worldwide
*DISCLAIMER: I was given a copy of CollageIt by Pearl Mountain Software to help facilitate my review. Any opinions stated are strictly my own.*