This Freezer Friendly Chicken Spaghetti Recipe is one of my favorite comfort food recipes. It’s a family favorite that we never get tired of making. Not only that but this chicken recipe is super simple and easy to do!
We love having this on our meal planning rotation because it’s a fun recipe to eat as well. There’s just something about slurping spaghetti topped with a ton of cheese that makes this simple pasta dish really fun to eat!
And since you can freeze it for later, it’s a great way to meal prep for future meals, too.
Having a casserole dish full of this tasty recipe is one of my favorite meals, ever. I love to top it with cheese and bake and then let the flavors take over and do all the work.
Freezer Friendly Chicken Spaghetti Recipe
This recipe is really, really simple. The main things to remember is that you’re going to add the chicken, cook the spaghetti, and pop in the oven. You’re going to want to bake for about 45 minutes and you can cook covered with foil at the end if the cheese starts to get too brown on top for your liking.
This recipe makes a ton of food and it’s more than enough to feed a family. My boys love to eat and this is one of those comfort meals that have them eating a couple of helpings because it’s just that delicious and tasty.
Can you freeze chicken spaghetti?
Yes, you can. The big thing to remember is that you’re going to want to freeze it BEFORE you put it in the oven. This keeps it as fresh as possible for as long as possible.
For the full instructions on how to freeze chicken spaghetti, check out the recipe card below to get the full steps.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Freezer Chicken Spaghetti Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for
Shop My Kitchen:
The following farm decor can be found on Etsy. Simply click the image that interests you – yes, they do contain affiliate links.
Must Have Resources:
When making Chicken Spaghetti at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Make it a Meal:
If you’re on the fence about meal planning, I urge you to start. It’s a simple way to give yourself sanity and saves so much time planning for the week as well. I love meal planning because it lets everyone in the family know exactly what we’re eating.
Vegetable Side: Recipe: Roasted Spring Vegetables
Starch Side: Loaded Twice Baked Potatoes Recipe
Refreshing Drink: Carrot Milkshake
Don’t forget Dessert: Mini Peppermint Bundt Cakes Recipe
Best Chicken Recipes:
Once you make this Chicken Spaghetti Freezer Meal Recipe, you’ll be craving more of that chicken flavor. Luckily there are a ton of great chicken dishes that you can easily whip up in no time at all. Here are some of my other favorite dinner recipes that you just have to try!
Chicken Kabobs are a fun way to eat chicken and I love that I can cook these on my George Foreman grill.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Cheese just screams comfort food during the colder months of the year.
I love the flavor of this Crockpot BBQ Chicken!
These Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas make for the perfect weeknight dinner.
Like your chicken a bit sweeter? This Crockpot Candy Chicken recipe is amazing.
Ground Chicken Recipes are another great way to get a ton of delicious recipes for the week.
Air Fryer Chicken Breast Recipes couldn’t be more simple to cook up!
What side dishes would pair well with this simple casserole recipe?
A nice side dish would be a simple side salad or even some simple steamed vegetables as well. We like to steam broccoli or stir fry a bell pepper and onion, too.
More Spaghetti Recipes:
- Easy Keto Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
- Spaghetti Pie Recipe, an Easy Weeknight Dinner
- Fiesta Vegetarian Spaghetti Recipe
- 1 pound spaghetti noodles
- Two (10 and 3/4-ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (14 oz can) chicken broth
- 2–3 chicken breasts, fully cooked and chopped or shredded (roughly 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup finely diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1 small or medium onion, finely diced
- 1 Tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prep a 9×13 inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Cook the noodles according to the package instructions, until al dente (slightly undercooked). When the pasta is done, drain it well.
- While spaghetti is cooking, saute the bell peppers, garlic, & onions in a tablespoon of olive oil until the onions become translucent (about 5 minutes.)
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the cooked noodles, cream of mushroom soup, chicken broth, chicken, sauteed veggies, seasoned salt, cayenne, and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese.
- Sprinkle it all with salt and pepper, to your preference.
- Spoon the mixture in the casserole dish and top with the remaining 1 cup of cheese.
- Bake until bubbly around the edges, about 40-45 minutes. (If the cheese on top starts to get too dark, cover with foil.)
Freeze For Later: Follow steps 1-7 (do not bake). Cover the casserole dish with a few layers of plastic wrap and foil. Squeeze out any excess air and freeze.
Prepare From Frozen: Thaw overnight in your refrigerator. Then, follow step 8 - check it before turning your oven off! If the center was still slightly frozen, you may need to add 10-20 minutes to your cooking time. Make sure to cover the edges if they start browning.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1011Total Fat: 41gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 364mgSodium: 1249mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 129g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 12/31/2020
Who are you going to share this Chicken Spaghetti Casserole recipe with?