I am on to my third week of Fave Fridays. Last week we only had 1 person play along with me, uh-oh! This week, I hope to see my three from week one and my one from week two and another newbie or two come play.
If you are seeing this for the first time, please check out the instructions to learn how to play with us.
Can you believe it is already July and tomorrow is Independence Day!? I certainly can’t… where did my summer go?
1. Watermelons – Born and raised in Grand Bay, AL – I have never had a 4th of July without good ole Grand Bay watermelons.
2. Fireworks at the Convalescent Home – Yes, I live in the country. 😉 After the Watermelon Festival, we go to the Old Folks’ Home to watch the Volunteer Fire Department put on the Fireworks Show!
3. Fruit, Flag Cake– My Grandmaw makes this Patriotic Cake every year for the 4th. It is oh-so-yummy!!
4. Spending Time with the Family – Nothing like a good patriotic Holiday to get us Southerners in the mood to mingle!
5. BBQ Chicken– Besides dessert, I gotta have Bar-Be-Que Chicken!
I can’t wait to see the other Fave Friday lists! Don’t forget to check the other players’ sites! Also note: each number has a clickable link or even two! Have fun learning about my town and trying out some new recipes from Down South!