If you’re planning a Halloween or Fall-themed party, you’ll want a sweet treat that fits in with the theme. These festive Halloween Pumpkin Cupcakes fit the bill!
Make certain to add these easy pumpkin cupcakes to your list of Easy Pumpkin Recipes!
I promise, they are very simple to make. You’ll use a simple yellow cake recipe with some pumpkin and spices added. Using store-bought cream cheese frosting makes decorating a breeze.
These halloween cupcakes can be decorated however you choose; I’ve included three options below. Use whichever tickles your fancy and fits well with the supplies you have on hand.
Halloween Pumpkin Cupcake Decorating Tips:
- Option A: Add orange food coloring to the cream cheese frosting. Put one flat layer of frosting onto each cupcake. Using a black gel food coloring tube, draw concentric circles around the top of the cupcake. Use a toothpick to draw lines through the circles, making it look like a spider web.
- Option B: Frost the cupcakes using high dollops of the cream cheese frosting. Use Halloween-themed black and orange sprinkles over the top.
- Option C: Add orange or black food coloring to the cream cheese frosting. Sprinkle with Halloween-themed sprinkles.
Optional Halloween Cupcake Decorating Supplies
- Halloween sprinkles
- Candy bats/spiders
How do you store baked cupcakes?
The last thing that you want to have to happen is that your cupcakes dry out. You can easily prevent this with your storage method!
Once you decorate the cupcakes, add them to an airtight container and store them in the fridge. They will stay longer fresh in the fridge!
What other cupcake toppings can you add?
If you don’t want to add other toppings, powdered sugar is a great option. You can also change up the flavor of the frosting also to give it a different taste as well as a potential new look.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups pumpkin puree or cooked mashed pumpkin
- I used a store bought can of Cream Cheese Frosting because I think it tastes great with the pumpkin in the cupcakes.
- Orange food coloring combine 3 drops red to 5 drops yellow
- Black food coloring gel
- Halloween Sprinkles (or chocol
Preheat the oven to 350º. Prepare a cupcake tin by either lining it with papers or greasing and then dusting with flour.
In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, oil, eggs, and pumpkin puree.
In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients. Add the dry ingredients into the large bowl with the sugar, oil, eggs, and pumpkin until thoroughly mixed.
Bake at 350º for 12-15 minutes, checking frequently. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack.
When cool, frost with store-bought cream cheese frosting (found in the baking aisle). I like the Betty Crocker Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting. Store, refrigerated, up to 4 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 481Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 399mgCarbohydrates: 67gFiber: 3gSugar: 45gProtein: 6g