If you’re planning a Halloween or Fall-themed party, you’ll want a sweet treat that fits in with the theme. These festive Halloween Cupcakes fit the bill! Plus, they are very simple to make. You’ll use a simple yellow cake recipe with some pumpkin and spices added. Using store-bought cream cheese frosting makes decorating a breeze. These halloween cupcakes can be decorated however you choose; I’ve included three options below. Use whichever tickles your fancy and fits well with the supplies you have on hand.
Halloween Pumpkin Cupcake Decorating Tips:
- Option A: Add orange food coloring to the cream cheese frosting. Put one flat layer of frosting onto each cupcake. Using a black gel food coloring tube, draw concentric circles around the top of the cupcake. Use a toothpick to draw lines through the circles, making it look like a spider web.
- Option B: Frost the cupcakes using high dollops of the cream cheese frosting. Use halloween-themed black and orange sprinklesover the top.
- Option C: Add orange or black food coloring to the cream cheese frosting. Sprinkle with halloween-themed sprinkles.
Optional Halloween Cupcake Decorating Supplies
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups pumpkin puree or cooked mashed pumpkin
- I used a store bought can of Cream Cheese Frosting because I think it tastes great with the pumpkin in the cupcakes.
- Orange food coloring combine 3 drops red to 5 drops yellow
- Black food coloring gel
- Halloween Sprinkles (or chocol
Preheat the oven to 350º. Prepare a cupcake tin by either lining it with papers or greasing and then dusting with flour.
In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, oil, eggs, and pumpkin puree.
In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients. Add the dry ingredients into the large bowl with the sugar, oil, eggs, and pumpkin until thoroughly mixed.
Bake at 350º for 12-15 minutes, checking frequently. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack.
When cool, frost with store-bought cream cheese frosting (found in the baking aisle). I like the Betty Crocker Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting. Store, refrigerated, up to 4 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 481Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 399mgCarbohydrates: 67gFiber: 3gSugar: 45gProtein: 6g