From Minnie: I tend to try to cook by color! A sprinkle of Parmesan and a drizzle of olive oil transform tomatoes into a beautiful side dish. Serve them alongside some BBQ pulled chicken, some roasted leeks, a lovely cabbage slaw, and a delicious orange coconut salad, and you have a nutritious, delicious, very healthy and low calorie meal!
- 4 to matoes halved horizontally
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- ¼ teaspoon bacon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
Preheat oven to 450° F.
Place tomatoes cut-side up on a foil-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with oil. Top with Parmesan, oregano, bacon salt, and pepper. Bake until the tomatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
Note: These tomatoes are also great sandwiched between two slices of your favorite healthy, whole-grain, bread.