Do you have a garden growing this year? Whether you have a garden overflowing with fresh squash or just decide to buy some at the store, this is a great recipe to use quash. This Two-Cheese Squash Casserole is a delicious dinner that can be on the table in less than an hour.
Have kids that turn their nose up at vegetables? This recipe might be just what you need to get your children eating a healthy serving of vegetables. This dish is packed with so much flavor the kids won’t even realize they are eating vegetables. This recipe is even great for adults that don’t typically eat squash. If you haven’t cooked with squash before I highly suggest giving this recipe a try!
Serve the family Golden Crispy Chewy Delicious Chocolate Chip Cookies after enjoying this tasty dinner. The kids will be so excited to eat the cookies, they will eat all of their dinner without any complaints!
- 4 pounds yellow squash, sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 1 large sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2½ cups soft breadcrumbs, divided
- 1¼ cups shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup chopped fresh chives
- ½ cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add squash and enough water to cover it. Boil for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain well; gently press between paper towels to dry.
- Using the same skillet, add 2 tbsp butter, onion and garlic. Sauté 5 to 6 minutes or until tender. Remove skillet from heat; add squash, 1 cup breadcrumbs, ¾ cup Parmesan cheese and all of the cheddar cheese, chives, parsley, sour cream, salt, pepper and eggs.
- Spray a 13- x 9-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and then spoon the squash mix into the baking dish.
- Again, using the same skillet. Add the remaining butter, breadcrumbs and Parmesan plus the garlic salt. Mix well then sprinkle over squash.
- Bake for 40 minutes