I love 5 ingredients crockpot recipes, but sometimes I forget to get things ready in advance, and I have to get something ready quickly!
This tuna casserole: 5 ingredients recipe is a quick and easy solution on busy weeknights when you want something quick and delicious.
I could not believe how much the kids loved this easy tuna casserole. 5 ingredients, less than 10 minutes active prep time, and I had an entire casserole dish that they all begged for seconds of!
A creamy, cheesy sauce, perfect el dente pasta, perfectly cooked peas, and a crunchy, flaky topping. Oh, and a generous amount of healthy tuna, ensuring that your family gets the protein they need. If you have a hard time getting your family to eat seafood, add this recipe to next week’s meal plan!
This is a really versatile tuna casserole 5 ingredient recipe – you can substitute the cheddar cheese soup for cream of mushroom or cream of celery, substitute the peas for another preferred vegetable, and even substitute out the pasta for rice, egg noodles, or quinoa. Even if you aren’t sure if your children will enjoy tuna, you can use canned, flaked chicken.
- 2-?oz cans tuna
- 1-?oz can cheddar cheese soup
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise (or ½ cup milk)
- 2 cups uncooked pasta
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ⅓ cup flake cereal or breadcrumbs, optional
- Boil 6 cups of water over high heat. Add pasta and peas, turn heat down to medium-high and stir occasionally to prevent sticking until el dente (approximately 8 minutes).
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375F.
- Open the cheddar cheese soup and mayonnaise, and combine in a large bowl. (Use milk as a substitute for the mayonnaise if you'd like a lighter meal.)
- Drain the pasta and peas, and then toss in the soup-mayonnaise sauce.
- Pour the contents of the bowl into a casserole dish. Top with breadcrumbs or flaked breakfast cereal if you'd like a crunchy topping.
- Bake for 20-40 minutes until the casserole reaches the texture you'd like. (If you'd like soft and cheesy, cook for less time; cook longer if you'd like a crunchy pasta topping and the texture to resemble what I've shown here.)
I hope you and your family enjoy this easy healthy recipe, and if you’d like some more recipe inspiration, check out my other recipes: