Another month has come and gone so it is time to delve into my analytics and see what is working and what isn’t. To see what you guys are finding interesting and what you are NOT liking so much. This also helps me to decide where to spend my advertising dollars and where to concentrate on doing guest posts.
My #1, most popular post with 1,657 unique views was: 5 Crockpot Soups, Stews, and Recipes for National Soup Month This was posted on January 19th and yet it was my most popular post in February! Interesting, right?
Thanks a million to my TOP Five blog referrals!
I received referral visits from 332 sources during last month!
1. Crystal and Company sent me 553 <–guest posting, collaborating, interlinking… Crystal is a part of my tribe and is ALWAYS in my top 5!
3. Belrea.edu sent me 255 <– Still seeing traffic from this post! I was named one of the top 25 doggy blogs by Belrea about a year ago and I still continue to get traffic from them.
4. Org Junkie sent me 159 <– I link my menu plan up here each week.
5. Southern Mom Cooks sent me 96 <— My site actually made the top five last month too but I didn’t want to link to myself. Then, it hit me that I should be letting you know that my weekly Dinner Time Linky and my sidebar ad is sending traffic!
I also want to note that:
- Pinterest sent me 8,611 (up from 6,920 the month before)
- Twitter sent me 320 (down from 395 – uggh. Gotta get back to promoting this)
- FaceBook sent me 174 (way down from last month’s 242 – again, I don’t work it consistently)
- Stumble Upon 103 (way up from last month’s 67)
- Google sent me 1,969 (this is so far up this month! I said last month when I only got 224 visitors that I knew what I was doing wrong and would fix it this month. Looks like I actually DID know what was wrong and DID know how to fix it. Now, can I get that number to continue climbing?)
Want to find out where others are getting their hits to website?
- Crystal and Company shares how she is getting traffic each month, too!
- Southern Mom Cooks talks about how she is getting more traffic to that site so quickly!
- Deals_3BD talks about where her website visitors are coming from
- You can also go here for past hits to website traffic referrals on this site all list their top traffic referrals for the previous month!
If you want to play along, please leave a direct link to your top five referrals post in the comments section.
Here’s how it works:
- Go into your tracking service (I use Google Analytics) and set the time period for the previous 30 days.
- Find the sites that have referred readers to you and put them in order from most sends to lowest. (I only do blogs and small businesses, not big sites!)
- Write a post (like this one) listing your top 5 referrers.