With Thanksgiving right around the corner, we are all looking for some side dishes and leftover ideas. Though I am not a fan of sweet potatoes, I can’t imagine Thanksgiving without at least a dish or two of them. So, I am compiling this list of sweet potato recipes in the hopes that one day I can make myself like them. From main dishes to side dishes and from sweet to savory, these sweet potato recipes should have a little something for everyone!
12 Sweet Potato Recipes:
- Frugal Freebies & Deals shares her Sweet Potato secret weapon! Can you guess why it is called her secret weapon?
- Mama Likes to Cook makes things super pretty with some Purple Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Sweet and Savory done right – Roasted Garlic Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- A Little Salty and a little sweet make these pork chops a perfect way to use up extra sweet potatoes – and even cranberries! Seriously, the perfect Thanksgiving food!
- Interesting, I never really think about putting potatoes in my slow cooker, but can I just say “duh!”? LOL! Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Mash
- This Sweet Potato Bread from 21st Century Housewife actually looks really good – says the person who is not a Sweet Potato fan!
- Now, the Citrus Spiced Sweet Potatoes from How to Have it All sound like a VERY unique combination of flavors!
- Don’t eat plain old fries, Sweet Potato Wedges take boring potatoes and make them into a scrumptious yet not super fattening fun side dish!
- No Thanksgiving Dinner is complete without at least one form of Sweet Potato Casserole!
- You can really mix things up by making this yummy Sweet Potato and Chocolate Chip Bars recipe!
- So, not really a Thanksgiving dish, but these Sweet Potato Toddler Crackers are a smart idea for keeping on hand during the Holidays. Kids get cranky on long car rides to visit relatives and after a long day of non-stop visiting. Quiet them down with food – works every time for us.
- The perfect way to wrap up this post… Decadent Southern Candied Sweet Potatoes <– this is what graces the Thanksgiving tables down here!
Do you have any favorite sweet potato recipes?